Brees needs to go back to this!! (1 Viewer)

Came across this video I had on my computer. I think this was the best pre game chant and they should bring it back. Really got the guys pumped up!! Man I'm ready for the season already. WHO DAT!!!
New Orleans Saints Drew Brees pregame chant - YouTube

That's audible to you? I have absolutely no idea what he's saying in that video.

My my favorite chants are the military one, "1 win, 2 again, 3 4 win some more ..." and the one taken from 300, "Who are we? Saints! What do we do? Win!.... This is New Orleans, OUH! OUH! OUH!" IMO those were the only 2 that were great. If its not broken don't fix it when it comes to the pregame chant.

I started a thread about bringing back one of the old chants months (maybe a year) ago. There are a lot of good comments and points in that thread but idk how to locate it.

The good stuff starts at :40 seconds.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3_BBsmtyfvc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

If vid doesn't play here's the Link: http://youtu.be/3_BBsmtyfvc

I really liked the 2009 chant and the "we are/this is NEW ORLEANS!" chants!

I'm going to write a SR.Com joke book in the style of Jeff Foxworthy:

You know it's the offseason when.....

another Drew Brees chant thread.

I like that we get a new one every year.

I actually hate that because it is starting to sound contrived now...as if Brees HAS to come up with something new and "powerful" each year. I would rather stick to the one from the Superbowl year and just make it a long standing tradition. Have free agents actually pumped about doing it because it has become so well known. But hey, that's just me :)

I think we place too much importance on this. I like new ones. It keeps it fresh and fun.

Honestly, he could play duck duck goose, so long as we won games and go to the superbowl.

I think we place too much importance on this. I like new ones. It keeps it fresh and fun.

Honestly, he could play duck duck goose, so long as we won games and go to the superbowl.

My thoughts, exactly.

We are in agreement.

I don't think anyone is placing importance on them as if they effect the outcome of the games. I just prefer ones over others, and I thinks that's all we are talking about here.

I don't think anyone is placing importance on them as if they effect the outcome of the games. I just prefer ones over others, and I thinks that's all we are talking about here.

I base my opinion on the vast number of threads since 2009 on this subject, mostly stating that "Brees needs to go back to his 2009 chant". That is very different from just stating that the 2009 is someone's favorite.

Hey, I think it's fun. I am excited to hear the new ones each season. I love that sometimes it takes a few games for us to finally hear it. It adds to the pregame excitement and anticipation.

As long as Drew gets back to this, I don't care if they sing showtunes prior to the game

Attachments

• Super%20Bowl%20Football_006-M.jpg
    Super%20Bowl%20Football_006-M.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 95

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom