Brees not in Clayton's Top 15 QBs all time (1 Viewer)

SkyLance

Very Banned
Reaction score
Greatest quarterbacks of all time ranking - John Clayton picks Tom Brady of New England Patriots as best NFL QB ever

I didn't see this posted. This is pretty incredible to me, really. I know what Clayton is, so I might have expected 8 or 9, but jeez. I've scrolled through the list 5 times to make sure I wasn't just looking past it.

In case you don't want to go over there and give him clicks, here's his list:

1. Brady
2. Montana
3. P. Manning
4. Unitas
5. Graham
6. Elway
7. Favre
8. Marino
9. Bradshaw
10. Rodgers
11. Starr
12. Young
13. Kelly
14. Staubach
15. Tarkenton

Stupid.

I get mad when people don't have him the top 10, let alone top 15.

Pure stupid. And I like Clayton.

A drastic case of old writer not being able to come to grasp with the fact a 'younger' QB is clearly better than the QBs he grew up on.

Unfortunately for Drew, unless you're Brady, Manning, or Rodgers (who has the same amount of SB wins as Drew), it's hard for the old guys to dare think any other QB is better than their guys.

This another big reason why Drew needs to pressure this FO to do whatever he can to get him the right talent for another SB run. Another SB appearance/victory and there's NO way you can't put him top 10.

Brees is actually getting a lot of love in the comments section. Very rare to hear many from other teams conceding that he was a big omission. Of course, you have the few knuckleheads.

Yeah, I cant see how you leave Brees out of the top 15 - especially with Favre at 7. Favre won 1 Super Bowl and Brees will have overtaken him in every statistical category early in the 2018 season. Steve Young, come on man. The guy was good but he doesn't belong on this list. Jim Kelly lost as many Super Bowls as Brady won. You just have to shake your head at this list.

I can play devils advocate though...Brees' legacy is becoming a victim of absolutely horrendous defenses and poor front office salary cap handling. These national media type guys view Brees as a numbers guy, who is only putting up these inflated stats because his team has to score 40 points a week to win.

Its not fair, but I do think that's becoming the view of Brees from those who don't see the brilliance that Brees is.

That's a shame, because John Clayton is in my Top 15 list of Mr. Mackey of South Park lookalikes:

John-Clayton-Mr.-Mackey.jpg

Brees' legacy is becoming a victim of absolutely horrendous defenses and poor front office salary cap handling. These national media type guys view Brees as a numbers guy, who is only putting up these inflated stats because his team has to score 40 points a week to win.

Its not fair, but I do think that's becoming the view of Brees from those who don't see the brilliance that Brees is.

Agree, but there's Marino at 8

You can make an argument that Brees is better than any of them, but Bradshaw being on the list is laughable. He can't hold Brees' jock.

It's getting to a point where no matter what Drew does, he won't get the credit he deserves. He's won the big one, and has arguably the best stats ever for his amount of years played.

Greatest quarterbacks of all time ranking - John Clayton picks Tom Brady of New England Patriots as best NFL QB ever

I didn't see this posted. This is pretty incredible to me, really. I know what Clayton is, so I might have expected 8 or 9, but jeez. I've scrolled through the list 5 times to make sure I wasn't just looking past it.

1. Brady
2. Montana
3. P. Manning
4. Unitas
5. Graham
6. Elway
7. Favre
8. Marino
9. Bradshaw
10. Rodgers
11. Starr
12. Young
13. Kelly
14. Staubach
15. Tarkenton

Alternative Facts.

Poppycock. (The one printable word I can think of right now)

A few years ago, Montana himself tweeted out his own "best-ever" list and I'd post it now if I were on my laptop. I saved it because of these types of non-news items. Brees is fairly high on his list.

Montana actually played the game and won rings, so I value his judgment over anyone who's only covered the game.

1. Brady
2. Montana
3. P. Manning
4. Unitas
5. Graham
6. Elway
7. Favre
8. Marino
9. Bradshaw
10. Rodgers
11. Starr
12. Young
13. Kelly
14. Staubach
15. Tarkenton

I like Clayton, but he seems firmly rooted in the 90's and early 2000's. A top 10 QBs list minus Brees...LOL! We all know what's really going on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom