brees not in the top 5 qb? (1 Viewer)

i dont care what any of those experts say, if there is one game tommorow and you want the best chance to win, drew brees is the qb. over anyone else in the world. period

Any of these media guys that don't have Brees listed in the top 5, are complete knuckleheads that should not even have a job writing about football. :idunno:

Everyone knows Brees is a system QB and.... naw I'm kidding

I get Brady and Manning and I might even take Big Ben cause that guy wins.

I like Eli but he's got nothing without that defense (maybe you could say the same for Ben but I'll leave it)

Brees and Warner have very similar styles but right now Brees is both younger and the hotter QB so you gotta take Brees.

Whether we like it or not, QBs are judged by SB rings. I would bet if you would ask Drew, he would defer to those guys based on teh fact they have won rings. But we are on the right track to get a ring and once that happens, Drew will be top 3 in every conversation.

ahh, i was about to go to bed after mnf, and now i won't be able to sleep because a female eagles beat reporter doesn't think drew is a top 5 qb...../yawn

he said it was the first time the Saints have opened the season at 2-0 under Brees. The Saints started 2-0 in 2006 going into their home opener against the 2-0 Atlanta Falcons. This also happened to be the first game played in the dome since Hurricane Katrina. Did this guy miss the biggest, loudest, craziest home opener of all time? U2 was there for god's sake...where was he? Where was he when we beat the Eagles TWICE that year as a matter of fact?

So for most of his career, Walter Payton was a bum, until he watched Perry get the touchdown handoff in the Superbowl. By that same logic, Barry Sanders isn't a good back either. Guess what, good players get stuck on bad teams and can't do it ALL by themselves. Fouts couldn't play defense. That logic is tired.

So, are they saying the top 5 QB's of 2009 or all time? If they are talking about wins, then why isn't Favre considered in the top 5? He's got more wins than anyone else? Oh, that's right...cause he's old and isn't performing like a top 5 QB right now.

Wait...are they talking about this year? If I'm not mistaken, aren't we 2-0? Aren't the Patriots 1-1, the Cardinals 1-1, the Colts are 1-0, Steelers are 1-1....HMMMMM, so I guess the number of wins doesn't really matter after all, right?

Oh wait, let's look at Brees compared to the rest when it comes to TD this year or how about last year, or the completion percentage?

Bottom line, these guys don't want to give respect when it's due. Brees has put points on the board and plenty of them. He's lead the #1 offense for how many years now? So, when the Patriots fall to 4-7 are they going to stop talking Brady as being a top 5 QB or figure out some way to blame everything else??? Face...the Saints are a good team and a VERY large part of that is due to Brees!

So for most of his career, Walter Payton was a bum, until he watched Perry get the touchdown handoff in the Superbowl. By that same logic, Barry Sanders isn't a good back either. Guess what, good players get stuck on bad teams and can't do it ALL by themselves. Fouts couldn't play defense. That logic is tired.

and Dan Marino was average at best.

Wow. Mayock said Brees isn't in the top 5? That's surprising. His commentary is usually money. Regardless, he's wrong.

It's a shock statement to try to get us doing what were doing now. Everyone knows the dealio right now, he just wanted to be a hero. He can go to Hell!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom