brees not in the top 5 qb? (1 Viewer)

Ok, just read the link. Mayock said that he IS one of the best. I knew that sounded wrong, Mayock is usually money.

Mayock also thought Gholston was the second coming of Lawrence Taylor...
Meh. You can't count that against him. It's hard to evaluate whether a guy will be good in the NFL or not coming out of college. And I'm not willing to call Gholston a bust yet. Especially in that Rex Ryan defense.

Mayock isn't always right and anytime you do draft commentary, you are going to be wrong. But analysis of current NFL players is a different story and he's usually on money with it. In this case, he was right again, saying that Brees IS one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Jake Delhomme has a SB ring. Might as well put him in the top 5. :scratch:

The idiot reporter says that the Saints have not started 2-0 under coach Payton until this season. Wrong. Also, if Super Bowl wins are the benchmark which a QB must reach to make his list, how does he not have Brett Farve on it? This guy is a hack. Pay no attention.

This is very simple.

Drew Brees is in the top 1 qb's in the NFL.

Period.
Soon to be proven, though for a body of work it's hard to toss Brady and Manning aside for more than best this year. I love Brees and think he's #1 now, but I think one ring and one or two more seasons like the last 3 and he definitely passes Brady and Manning in my book.

Its so odd that people base quarterback play on wins and superbowl rings then in the next breath say that football is a team game.

Exactly, given the premise, which I don't buy,

Dilfer & Hostetler > Marino & Esiason & Tarkenton. Sheesh!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom