Brees on playing next week (1 Viewer)

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He needs to sit 2 more weeks. He's not needed next week.
How do you know? I've seen us lose to too many bad teams to take any games for granted. This isn't the preseason. And it's not like we're playing the Dolphins. The Cardinals are 3-3-1. Nothing is guaranteed.

LiterOCola

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I don’t know how it’s going to play out, but Brees will likely show up as LP in the injury report which will start the hype train.

Y’all are going to blow the roof off the dome the first time Brees walks onto the field, whether it’s vs AZ or the Falcons.

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
I mean, I'd be inclined to let him sit vs. AZ, but...if the doctor clears him, they're not going to tell Drew no.
TRUE DAT and NOW? WE’ve got TWO extra guys who can come in sooner than later who are or WILL be scoring machines just because they CAN!. Taysom may be going back to his Swiss ARMY-KNIFE role? I don’t know but he sure looked GREAT on that flip out for about 25 yds. of fast and furious rushing!

Reaction score
I'd guess he'll practice and be active on gameday, but just as a backup in case of an emergency. Near the end of the healing process, I'd think it's mostly a judgement call by the player himself on how close to 100% he is. If he feels he's around 90%, is it really worth the risk?

Mac Man

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm torn. There's a part of me that wants him to get game reps, but then I think this is Brees, does he really need the game reps? Playing before the bye week will allow him to get over any soreness from playing by resting/rehabbing for at least a week or even 2 if needed.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
At this point I'm not so hard pressed to see Brees come back this week.

I'm convinced we are going to easily beat Arizona with TB5.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
He needs to sit 2 more weeks. He's not needed next week.
We're fighting for the 1 seed. Every game is highly important. You don't sit your best player who says he's ready because he's not needed against a team that's won 3 straight after starting 0-3-1. If he's ready you play him. It's as simple as that.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The fact that they're questioning whether they think he can go against ARZ only 7 days before the game kind of tells me all I need to know and that is the hand needs more time.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The fact that they're questioning whether they think he can go against ARZ only 7 days before the game kind of tells me all I need to know and that is the hand needs more time.
How? It tells me the opposite. The fact that they want to see him practice this week to figure out if he's ready tells me that he must think he's ready without seeing him practice. You don't have him start practicing if his thumb needs more healing time. In fact you have him start practicing BECAUSE you think he's ready.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom