Brees on playing next week (1 Viewer)

I don’t know how it’s going to play out, but Brees will likely show up as LP in the injury report which will start the hype train.

Y’all are going to blow the roof off the dome the first time Brees walks onto the field, whether it’s vs AZ or the Falcons.

I mean, I'd be inclined to let him sit vs. AZ, but...if the doctor clears him, they're not going to tell Drew no.
TRUE DAT and NOW? WE’ve got TWO extra guys who can come in sooner than later who are or WILL be scoring machines just because they CAN!. Taysom may be going back to his Swiss ARMY-KNIFE role? I don’t know but he sure looked GREAT on that flip out for about 25 yds. of fast and furious rushing!

I'd guess he'll practice and be active on gameday, but just as a backup in case of an emergency. Near the end of the healing process, I'd think it's mostly a judgement call by the player himself on how close to 100% he is. If he feels he's around 90%, is it really worth the risk?

I'm torn. There's a part of me that wants him to get game reps, but then I think this is Brees, does he really need the game reps? Playing before the bye week will allow him to get over any soreness from playing by resting/rehabbing for at least a week or even 2 if needed.

At this point I'm not so hard pressed to see Brees come back this week.

I'm convinced we are going to easily beat Arizona with TB5.

He needs to sit 2 more weeks. He's not needed next week.

We're fighting for the 1 seed. Every game is highly important. You don't sit your best player who says he's ready because he's not needed against a team that's won 3 straight after starting 0-3-1. If he's ready you play him. It's as simple as that.

The fact that they're questioning whether they think he can go against ARZ only 7 days before the game kind of tells me all I need to know and that is the hand needs more time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom