Brees on Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

Stop it, far too many injuries. Could they have played a tough divisional round game maybe but we can’t honestly tell ourselves the saints go into Santa Clara and beat a team that had already beaten them at home when they were considerably more healthy (DT, LB, CB, WR)

The key word “may”. My point was that we would’ve won the MIN game.

The key word “may”. My point was that we would’ve won the MIN game.
That’s fair, I do think there was a good shot to win against Minnesota if Taysom gets a few more carries, especially in key areas (Kamara 3rd down up the middle lossssssssssses). But going into GB and then into SF to get to be playing Sunday? Out of the question. But even discussing it only depresses me.

I didn't see anyone post a link to the full interview so here it is. When asked to pick the SB winner Drew said "Well we have to play both of them next year .... " WInk Wink Nudge Nudge know what I mean? (apologies to Monty Python)

Brees' statements are indicative of whats happening behind the scenes. Drew wouldn't have decided the snap splits between he and Hill next year. Payton has obviously given him and idea of changes he wants to make next year, given Brees returns.

Those statements are in line with things Payton has said. The plan is to incorporate Hill more in the Offense. This will help prepare Hill to take the reigns in 2021 and it will help Brees get through an entire season without wearing him out.

Honestly, its best for the Saints, Brees and Hill. It takes some pressure off Brees. And he can help with the transition to Hill while he gets one more legit shot at a SuperBowl run. No way he turns that down. I love the idea!

Payton recognizes that we have to be more dynamic as an Offense to matchup vs the really good Defenses, especially in the Playoffs. Hill proved in that Playoff game vs Minn he can absolutely be a part of that. Personally, I am very excited about it! We don't need wholesale changes but we do need to add a couple of pieces while being able to threaten the Defense and attack more of the field if we want to beat the best teams in the Playoffs and the Superbowl.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom