Brees on Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

I mentioned in another thread (the Brees moving on one) but I suggested that if Brees does comeback that I think Taysom should get a couple of series a game to QB (maybe more) and run the offense. I said it would benefit both.

I also think it should be one of those situations that if one or the other is hot we continue to roll with them in the game (like Taysom in the Vikings game, there was so much energy with him and he was making plays).

Good to see Brees on board with this as well.

It's in some other thread but probably deserves its own discussion.

25-30 snaps a game is the equivalent of multiple drives. I'd assume this would mean that he's on the field for the entirety of those drives and not just a play here and there while Drew takes most of the snaps in that drive.

I'd like to see it as long as Hill still plays his everything role as well while Drew's still here.

Yeah that should let everyone know he's coming back.

And btw, Taysom Hill will never take 25 or 30 snaps in a game in which Brees is starting. Maybe 10-12.

Sean Payton would never disrespect him that way.

Last edited:
Brees is a humble guy. I'm sure he hears the talk, and also is aware himself how he played in that last game. Much respect to Brees for saying this. Doesn't sound to me like there will be a Brett Farve situation here which was my big worry.
Drew is many things, but I don’t think humble is one
Drew is UBER confident in himself and is entirely self-assured
Not in a bragadocious way, but there is no doubt that he considers himself exemplar (and for good reason)

Yah it may be more accurate to describe him as classy.

Drew is many things, but I don’t think humble is one
Drew is UBER confident in himself and is entirely self-assured
Not in a bragadocious way, but there is no doubt that he considers himself exemplar (and for good reason)
Brees is confidant, but I think he’s also one of those rare HOFers to be happy when the team succeeds after his tenure.

Brees is confidant, but I think he’s also one of those rare HOFers to be happy when the team succeeds after his tenure.
??
I think it’s deeply embedded in team culture, that players identify with their teams long after moving on
All pro athletes seem obsessed with their college teams
Former players seem to closely follow their teams on Twitter et al

Coach Pete called this. Just want to throw that out there.
Coach Pete is gifted. He makes good calls based on observation and analysis. Plus what he did for a long time makes him connected. If he only knew 4 people in connection with the NFL those few people know many more.

??
I think it’s deeply embedded in team culture, that players identify with their teams long after moving on
All pro athletes seem obsessed with their college teams
Former players seem to closely follow their teams on Twitter et al
After time passes, yeah. But I’ve seen a few examples where it was the opposite.
Bill Walsh was resentful that the Niners kept winning without him.
Favre didn’t wanna hand the Packers off to Rodgers and it took about a decade for the franchise and Brett to reconcile.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom