Brees passes Brady in career QB rating for the very first time (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
1. Rodgers......103.5
2. Wilson......... 99.5
3. Brees............97.6
4. Brady........... 97.5
5. Manning...... 96.5

Brees was substantially behind him to start the season (97.6 vs 96.7).

Goes to show you go what an incredible season Brees is having to move his number by that much in just 10 games.

But we all know BayLESS will never admit this. Or he'll have a dishonest narrative to somehow portray this as an abberation, etc.

I saw the big showdown over "is Brees Top5 Elite All Time" ...it was on BayLESS & Shannon's UNDISPUTED about a month or 2 ago :

They were ignoring all the terrible defenses that kept Drew from reaching more Super Bowls, etc...

Their narrative is conniving & I honestly never thought Shannon would stoop to the same level of BayLESS, but he did..

They both claim that Brees does not belong in the top 5 all time elite Qb's.

Those Media guys are just promoters... NOT analysts.

Annoying as hell. AND disrespectful.

But we all know BayLESS will never admit this. Or he'll have a dishonest narrative to somehow portray this as an abberation, etc.

I saw the big showdown over "is Brees Top5 Elite All Time" ...it was on BayLESS & Shannon's UNDISPUTED about a month or 2 ago :

They were ignoring all the terrible defenses that kept Drew from reaching more Super Bowls, etc...

Their narrative is conniving & I honestly never thought Shannon would stoop to the same level of BayLESS, but he did..

That was very disrespectful.

Very annoying. Had to stop watching.

That’s called propaganda! And right now all this BS about Brees not being top 5 is just horsesh*t. This is all driven by propaganda. If we have either P Manning or Fabre say Brees is the goat, finally we could the media to believe it.

Let's look into a singular stat.
How many games has Brees scored 30+ points(inc 4thQ comebacks) & the D lost the game? 60
Who has the next highest? Roethlisberger, w/29!
I don't recall Brady, Rodgers or Manning #s, but all less than half.
I can't imagine that would have any effect, can you?

While Drew had a another great day yesterday, Brady didn't look good at all. Looked like he gave up during the game. I've never seen Drew Brees do that. At times yesterday Brady looked old.

Once you realize it, you are better off.

Mel Kiper never played a down of football or was GM of ANY organization, yet for decade or so was the prominent "guru" for Draft Day.

Think about that. LOL.

He was making guys MILLIONS extra by touting them when they were not even close to being selected at a targeted round . He was in collusion with Agents.

And Payton could really allow Brees to have an even higher rating if he called more pass plays from the 1 or 2 yard line(like they do for Aaron Rodgers). However, it's all about the team and just love how the team is playing for each other right now.

1. Rodgers......103.5
2. Wilson......... 99.5
3. Brees............97.6
4. Brady........... 97.5
5. Manning...... 96.5

Brees was substantially behind him to start the season (97.6 vs 96.7).

Goes to show you go what an incredible season Brees is having to move his number by that much in just 10 games.

Drew is playing awesome - even for Drew.

I posted the below research I did in a thread about Aaron Rodgers. It think it would apply somewhat to Brady's passer rating. Compared to Drew, Brady appears more willing to be sacked than to throw the ball away. I am kind of amazed that Brady is still holding it together at his age considering the number of career sacks (468) Brady has taken.

Here is my past post:

If my calculations are correct, here are some of the following CAREER rates of sacks per attempts:

Brees - about 1 sack every 24.7 attempts (387 career sacks)
Brady - about 1 sack every 19.6 attempts (468 career sacks)
Manning - 1 sack every 31 attempts (303 career sacks)
Rodgers - about 1 sack every 13.5 attempts (388 career sacks)

By the way, Ben Roethlisberger leads the NFL with 489 career sacks taken, and Russell Wilson, who has the second overall passer rating of active QBs (99.5), takes a sack 1 time every 11.1 attempts - highest rate out of all these guys.

As a resident Manning detractor, I have to give it up for how hard that dude was to sack. Just incredible that Brees is closer to Brady than Manning in that stat, as Drew himself is very hard to sack.

As a resident Manning detractor, I have to give it up for how hard that dude was to sack. Just incredible that Brees is closer to Brady than Manning in that stat, as Drew himself is very hard to sack.

And it wasn't because of his mobility. Lol

Drew is playing awesome - even for Drew.

I posted the below research I did in a thread about Aaron Rodgers. It think it would apply somewhat to Brady's passer rating. Compared to Drew, Brady appears more willing to be sacked than to throw the ball away. I am kind of amazed that Brady is still holding it together at his age considering the number of career sacks (468) Brady has taken.

Here is my past post:

If my calculations are correct, here are some of the following CAREER rates of sacks per attempts:

Brees - about 1 sack every 24.7 attempts (387 career sacks)
Brady - about 1 sack every 19.6 attempts (468 career sacks)
Manning - 1 sack every 31 attempts (303 career sacks)
Rodgers - about 1 sack every 13.5 attempts (388 career sacks)

By the way, Ben Roethlisberger leads the NFL with 489 career sacks taken, and Russell Wilson, who has the second overall passer rating of active QBs (99.5), takes a sack 1 time every 11.1 attempts - highest rate out of all these guys.
The only thing I'd change about the QB rating is to incorporate sacks and the yardage lost. It's a negative play that all too often stymies drives. It's part of your responsibility to avoid sacks just like you try to avoid interceptions. So why should Rodgers and Wilson not be dinged for it?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom