Brees' Passing Yardage (1 Viewer)

D-Mac26

Who Dat?
Reaction score
With 349 yards passing today, Brees now has 3,463 yards on the season. He's on pace for 5,037 yards on the season. Dan Marino currently holds the record, with 5,084 yards in 1984.

Brees is only 48 yards off the pace of the NFL record right now.

Yikes. THis is a good thing, but it concerns me a bit that we're too reliant on the passing game. As is usually the case, big passing yardage is racked up when a team is playing form behind, as Drew did against Baltimore and Pitt.

I am ecstatic the guy is here and playing the way he is, but I'd prefer to see our running game perform a little better, and have Brees hand off and take knees to close out wins (maybe even sit thej last game of the season afetr we've clinched the division) than see him break Marino's record.

I believe a team should do what they do best, if it's running the ball then run or if it's passing the ball then pass. If you can pass very well and put your opponent in a deep hole that will change their game plan and the running game will open up for clock management. I just hate to see any team do something their not good at just to have balance. Atlanta had 200 yards rushing and got blown out.

If Brees keeps playing like this, he just might replace Archie Manning as the greatest QB in Saints History.

I think Bigron is correct. Ride that horse as long as it will gallop. We all know McAllister can get the job done but Brees has the hot hand. When someone starts to shut him down, give them the counter punch from the dynamic duo...

Think of it this way. If we make the playoffs on Brees arm, then McAllister's legs will be that much fresher.

I just hope we get Colston back next week.

Pluse they had the TOP battle as well 25:41 34:19 , but we won.
TUrnovers...

I think Bigron is correct. Ride that horse as long as it will gallop. We all know McAllister can get the job done but Brees has the hot hand. When someone starts to shut him down, give them the counter punch from the dynamic duo...

Think of it this way. If we make the playoffs on Brees arm, then McAllister's legs will be that much fresher.

This is cool in moderation. Today was moderation (1/3 of his yards came on two plays). Last week was overkill (abandoned run in a fairly close game).

Too much overkill and McAllister will have way more time to rest his knee than he wants. Good to see the guys pick up win #7 today - playing like we did today, I like our chances to not only make the playoffs, but to get at least one home game, and to certainly make significant noise. Good on ya, Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom