Brees Quitely having a great season (1 Viewer)

2) “The defense didn’t hold it” is apparently an acceptable excuse for some qb’s, but not for Drew Brees.

If Brees was at this best those games and the defense blew it, nobody would say that. The fact is Drew Brees didn't even play an average Drew Brees game the past three playoff losses. He was below average and, more importantly, HORRIBLE in all three first halves of those games.

Those aren't games where the defense let us down. They are games where the defense played pretty steady, kept teams to around 20 points until the very end, but the offensive production just wasn't there. And Drew kept turning the ball over to the opposing teams.

You dismiss all this as "Well yeah but Drew got us a (slight) lead at the end, so he's all good.". That's fanboi dismissive excuse-making, period.

Oh by the way since you keep being so stuck on that one thing so you don't have to address my point, I have edited my post and removed the name "Payton Manning" from it. What do you got now?

Oh man okay you clearly are just looking to pounce on stuff. Like it or not many many people who do football for a living has Manning on their short list for best quarterbacks and I can't just deny that or pretend it's not true.

Manning in his prime wasn't just an amazing qb but some people say he was the most dominant offensive player of any position. I can't just dismiss that or pretend it's not the case.

Flaws? 😂 Dude we're discussing our opinions. All opinions are "flawed" certaibly but you need to relax and stop nitpicking or trying so hard to find problems with me.

What do you want from me anyway? You want me to lie and say Brees has been a monster in the playoffs? He just hasn't and all you want to do is attack me while making excuses for him. This is getting old.
Never said Manning wasn’t a great player.

But I thought we were only talking about the playoffs, because otherwise all of the “amazing qb” and “on people’s short list”stuff would unquestionably apply to Brees as well, right?

So again, you’ve been presented with the facts of how poorly Peyton Manning played in many playoff runs. And not just, “not his best day”, but actually very bad (more turnovers than touchdowns).

But because he had defenses and teams that could pick him up when needed and compensate for his mistakes, you keep listing him as an example of the kind of successful playoff qb that Brees isn’t.

When Brees has anything less than an excellent (or perfect) game in the playoffs, even if he led the team to a go-ahead score with under a minute left, you pitch all kinds of fits about “he stinks” and “tarnished legacies”. Defenses, teammates, and circumstances apparently don’t matter.

But other quarterbacks can literally have twice as many turnovers as touchdowns, get carried by the rest of team to success, but labeled (by you) as a standout playoff performer, and a guy who “just gets it done”.

I don’t care if you declare that Brees is a monster in the playoffs or not. I’m just pointing out that your criteria is wildly inconsistent and your bias against Brees and commitment to your inaccurate claims has caused you to double-down on statements, arguments, and comparisons that simply can’t be supported.

Simply put: If you are going to categorize Peyton Manning as a playoff monster, then yes, you absolutely have to include Drew Brees as one too.

Again, these are your arguments. I don’t think the make a whole lot of sense, but you are right that this has gotten old. I’m moving on.

Well it doesn't matter now, I have removed him from that list. Since you are so unable to grasp context, problem solved. No more talk about that trash guy Manning, okay?
Remove Manning from your posts, revise your arguments, find new examples, do whatever you like. I’m not going to continue to go back and forth about it.

But don’t pretend that I was calling Peyton Manning “trash” or saying/implying that he wasn’t a great player. That wasn’t the case and you know it. It’s not like my points about your inconsistencies and (in my opinion) the holes in your arguments hinged solely on Peyton Manning anyway. I never even mentioned him until you (recently) brought him up. But whatever.

You taking shots at other people for not being able to grasp context is hilarious though.
“Physician, heal thyself.”

Remove Manning from your posts, revise your arguments, find new examples, do whatever you like. I’m not going to continue to go back and forth about it.

But don’t pretend that I was calling Peyton Manning “trash” or saying/implying that he wasn’t a great player. That wasn’t the case and you know it. It’s not like my points about your inconsistencies and (in my opinion) the holes in your arguments hinged solely on Peyton Manning anyway. I never even mentioned him until you (recently) brought him up. But whatever.

You taking shots at other people for not being able to grasp context is hilarious though.
“Physician, heal thyself.”

There's no inconsistencies. If Drew plays to his average regular-season form in 2017-2019 we're definitely in the Super Bowl at least another time. If not twice more. He didn't even have to do some heroic Tom Brady comeback or 100+ yard fourth quarter performance. Just his baseline average would have won us those games walking away. A bit more completions, a bit less interceptions. Nothing special, just be average Drew Brees. But he couldn't get it done.

That's what makes or breaks legacies. You hate it, but it's true. Tom is considered the "GOAT" because he turned it on when it was needed the most, more times than Drew Brees. That's the story and there's only one man that can change it: Drew Brees. Not you on the Internet with your "facts" and stats.

How we beat the Panthers is exactly how I win Madden games at the highest difficulty level. I know I’m lucky to get 1 stop defensively.

Long drives, eat up clock. Score before the half with no time remaining and pray for the opportunity to have the ball at the end to run out the clock.

The "I hate Drew Brees" crowd, AKA the "I want a black QB even if he sucks" crowd will never concede anything positive about Brees.
Yeah, I said it. And it's true.

You sat down. Thought about this post. Took a swig of Samuel Adams. Then still proceeded to type this trash take?

Where are people crying out for Jameis to take over? People are either shipping Drew off to the retirement home and awaiting a new drafted QB. Or they scratching their heads wondering if Taysom may live up to that contract as the hopeful heir apparent. There may be 6% of the board saying Jameis has any chance as QB1.

The ignorance in your post is unbelievable, especially considering many of Drew’s staunchest supporters are Black people. But please continue with you hyperbolic posts void of facts. 🤡

Last edited:
You sat down. Thought about this post. Took a swig of Samuel Adams. Then still proceeded to type this trash take?

Were are people crying out for Jameis to take over? People are either shipping Drew off to the retirement home and awaiting a new drafted QB. Or they scratching their heads wondering if Taysom may live up to that contract as the hopeful heir apparent. There may be 6% of the board saying Jameis has any chance as QB1.

The ignorance in your post is unbelievable, especially considering many of Drew’s staunchest supporters are Black people. But please continue with you hyperbolic posts void of facts. 🤡

Wooo! Yeah I wanted to respond like you did but I decided it best to ignore his comment. I don't even know why he went there in the first place, not cool really.

You are such a dang troll. You change your narrative every time you submit a post that it's totally worth ignore list status.

Like? Please give me an example of a "narrative change", I'll show you another straw man and smear.

I'm a troll? You just go around rating every single post as "clown" behind my back like a child.

Too soon. We have to wait until the season is over. You just said anything can happen. Tampa Bay could implode, New England could get hot, etc etc. Six weeks does not a season make.

And what does

We have not had "terrible" defenses the past three previous seasons under any objective measure. However if you believe we have I'm willing to hear your case.

I agree it is too soon, just wanted to poke you :)

There's no inconsistencies. If Drew plays to his average regular-season form in 2017-2019 we're definitely in the Super Bowl at least another time. If not twice more. He didn't even have to do some heroic Tom Brady comeback or 100+ yard fourth quarter performance. Just his baseline average would have won us those games walking away. A bit more completions, a bit less interceptions. Nothing special, just be average Drew Brees. But he couldn't get it done.

That's what makes or breaks legacies. You hate it, but it's true. Tom is considered the "GOAT" because he turned it on when it was needed the most, more times than Drew Brees. That's the story and there's only one man that can change it: Drew Brees. Not you on the Internet with your "facts" and stats.

Brady is now considered the GOAT for the very reasons I stated in the other thread where you were arguing he is not (because it was the system he played in)? do you suddenly agree that he was? Because you are kind of all over the place here....

I agree it is too soon, just wanted to poke you :)

Brady is now considered the GOAT for the very reasons I stated in the other thread where you were arguing he is not (because it was the system he played in)? do you suddenly agree that he was? Because you are kind of all over the place here....

I've been totally honest and open that Brady's play the past few weeks in Tampa Bay is changing my estimation of him. I flat out said that. What more do you want from me? I still think Montana is the GOAT, but I can no longer fool myself that Brees is greater than Brady if the man takes Tampa Bay higher than us in the playoffs.

I've been totally honest and open that Brady's play the past few weeks in Tampa Bay is changing my estimation of him. I flat out said that. What more do you want from me? I still think Montana is the GOAT, but I can no longer fool myself that Brees is greater than Brady if the man takes Tampa Bay higher than us in the playoffs.

What more do I want from you? I’ve said it before....

Admit you are wrong about Brees (cause that means we have won the SB)....:)

But lets be clear here:

1) You think Montana is the GOAT
2) You think Brady is a product of Belichecks great system
3) But, if Brady goes further in the playoffs this year (mind you TB‘s defense is among the best in the NFL) then you have to admit he is better than Brees? Or can you just no longer fool yourself that he is better than Brees?

I’m confused but ok....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom