Brees Quitely having a great season (2 Viewers)

273 YPG 10.9 YPC 102.7 Passer Rating
270 YPG 10.5 YPC 105.8 Passer Rating

One is Drew Brees the other is Tom Brady.

Don't bother. Stats won't change their opinion.

Yep and without Michael Thomas...and without a preseason, training camp, etc. In retrospect, I wonder if Drew wishes he would've retired last year if he had known all this bs was going to happen with the China virus and no fans in the stands, and the BLM stuff ?

Brees looked pretty bad early in the season, both with arm strength and accuracy. But he has improved...especially with accuracy. He still definitely has limitations but he has those limitations fir a few years now and the Saints have won with a good team effort.

Brady started the season throwing touchdowns to the other team. He almost set the NFL record for consecutive games with a pick 6. Brees is looking stronger and more accurate each game no matter who he has to throw to. And we beat Brady and his bucs. Once they have a bye, we could very well be in first place.

Brady has proven that a lot of us were wrong, and that's he's not over the cliff. Until Brees does the same....I don't know what to tell you.

He can still play but there is a lot of season left and TB offensive line is, at best, average....I still think there is a good chance he doesn't finish the season...

I've already looked into this and proved it wrong weeks ago. As of this week Saints average about 138 yards after the catch per game. Chiefs 143. Packers also average 138 yards after the catch per game. While Kamara does a ton, most teams have a few guys getting significant yardage after the catch

Don't bring logic into this....

Yet you've been on this thread praising Tom Brady's season performance this year, while wishing Brees could be the same thing.

I'm confused, I thought he said the only reason the Patriots won SB's was because of Bellichecks system, gosh, maybe Brady did have something to do with it after all?

My favorite posts are the, “Inflated stats. Brees just dumps off to Kamara.“ Guess who DB “dumped off to“ before Kamara? Cadet. Before Cadet? Darren Sproles. Before Sproles? Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush. Before those guys...LT. Brees has ALWAYS used his PASS CATCHING/ALL Around RB’s as a safety valve to either beat the rush or take advantage of defenses over pursuing.

This ain’t new. Kamara is the greatest pass catching RB the Saints have ever had. He’d be an idiot not to get the ball into the Matrix’s hands. But these endless posts -acting like this is some new phenomenon or done at some higher rate than in the past- are ridiculous. Drew has always heavily employed the use of pass catching RB’s.

It’s almost muscle memory or encoded in his athlete dna at this point. Shucks, Baylen Brees will probably do the same when he’s suiting up for us in 2028.

Drew has has made some head-scratching throws this year, but I attribute it to the shortened offseason, and he has a few inexperienced receivers to work into the mix.
fify

I've also seen a few errant throws where you could see Drew 'explaining loudly' to his receiver that they didn't read the defense correctly. A receiver running the wrong route does tend to make the QB look like he's trying to recover from a severe blow to the skull. Generally with Drew a pass that is waaaaaaay off the mark has something to do with a receiver not being where he is supposed to go. No, Brees ain't perfect, but he reads defenses better than most defensive coordinators in the league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom