Brees reportedly willing to take a home town discount (1 Viewer)

Well, got find a way to move his deadcap first.

His dead cap is unmovable at the start of the new league year. That date and time I believe is March 18th @4 EST. That will be the deadline for a new Brees deal. I also think they would prefer to sign it after the new CBA gets approved (which is no guarantee) late Saturday to early Sunday. That means the hot spot for a new deal is March 16 or March 17. That is when I will be refreshing like a son of a gun!!

His dead cap is unmovable at the start of the new league year. That date and time I believe is March 18th @4 EST. That will be the deadline for a new Brees deal. I also think they would prefer to sign it after the new CBA gets approved (which is no guarantee) late Saturday to early Sunday. That means the hot spot for a new deal is March 16 or March 17. That is when I will be refreshing like a son of a gun!!
Correct. I expect him to be signed to a 2-3 year deal on March 17 that pays 23 mill with voidable contract years or whatever else Loomis does ?

I think the title should read, "Brees willing to give a hometown discount, again"
He has been playing here on the last deal, for less than he could have gotten elsewhere.

I believe the Cards were willing to give Brees 30 million back in 2018. So taking less was a home town discount IMO.

Yup, sure was. This year I'm hoping he gives us a "sweet" home-town discount.
Not exactly play for free like the media makes out that Tom Brady did... but a little sweeter.

Sign him to the Pels for a few million to entice him with a little lagniappe to take less for the NFL contract. Not like he'll have to play anyway for the next few weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom