Brees rewards Saints' faith from Baltimore Sun (1 Viewer)

dbnola

Reaction score
Link:http://www.topix.net/content/trb/4074961481044899789336544530472732712979

I've got to be honest, and you'll think I'm crazy, but it was my expectation that we should go to the playoffs [this season],' Brees said.

Why?

'Because nobody thinks we can, because nobody thinks we're going to be worth a darn. So let's just believe in each other, go out there and have fun and make this a season to remember.'

Like the above comments. There are lots of interesting comments from players and coach.

Brees is just what the doctor ordered,hes a leader,motivator and a winner!The thing I like most about Brees is hes a Saint!Go Saints 6-1!

Gotta love em. a true leader. damn who did we have for QB all this time?

Keep proving everyone wrong Drew B., like you've done your whole life. I'm so proud to have Brees at the helm of this team. I think the SAINTS are set at the quarterback position for a while!

It does not surprise me in the least. I always thought that the Saints would be a dangerous team if we had discipline and a true leader. Well our new coach is providing the discipline and Brees is providing the leadership. In my book we already have won this year -- regardless of what the rest of the season brings -- because this time when I say I look forward to next year -- its not just a dream -- we really are moving in the right direction

'Because nobody thinks we can, because nobody thinks we're going to be worth a darn. So let's just believe in each other, go out there and have fun and make this a season to remember.'

And that is just what makes this team so special.....:worthy: :worthy:

At first I wasn't impressed with the pick up of Brees, even though he has had success in San Diego. I was hoping we would go after one of the young QB's so we would be set at that position for years to come. Even when we got Drew, I was still hoping we would get one of the QB's in this draft and they could learn behind Brees. One of my concerns was Drew's height, and as we all have seen, he has a lot of balls batted down at the line. I never knew about his leadership qualities until he arrived and then in pre season I was like, ok he talks the talk but so far he isn't backing it up. Now when the season opened in Cleveland, it was the first extended playing time for Drew and that is when I saw him start taking charge of the team and saw some of his ability. I still think we need to draft a young QB to groom but I have no wish to replace Drew for the forseeable future. A classy guy, a class act, a true leader, and a very smart and talented football player. We definately got lucky getting Drew Brees.

Here's Joe Horn's opinion on Drew from the first days of training 7/28 to be exact.

Q: What kind of impact has Drew Brees had on this team?

A: "Big-time leadership from day one when I met Drew, he was 150 percent downhill ready to go. Then when he got on the football field, knowing he couldn't throw the ball, he was still involved. He was still trying to be the general, still trying to be the leader and I like that. I expected that out of Drew and he showed it once he started throwing the ball. He basically told the guys what he expected as the leader of this football team and that's what he stated. He wanted everyone to know that he was the captain; he was the leader of this football team. We didn't have to vote on who the captain of this football team would be, because we all knew Drew would come in here and made that a fact."

In my own opinion, enough said!!! Period!!!

Oh & the entire article http://saints.scout.com/2/550858.html

Man, I can't wait until I get my black #9 jersey.
Look up the word leader in the dictionary, and you'll see a picture of Drew Brees standing beside Scott Fujita!!!
I mentioned several times last year that we didn't have a single leader on our team besides Joe and Deuce. Deuce leads quitely by example which is awesome, and Joe often times got a little carried away. (Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Joe fan, and if anyone should know Grant Backer Two would know.... )
Now, we have a leader on offense and defense as well, just as important is the REAL leader in charge of the team. SP...
THREE leaders will get us into the playoffs!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom