Brees, Saints rest after a promising, memorable start (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1539313590323.png

By Brett Martel - AP

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Drew Brees, perhaps only half joking, explains that fatherhood and having a son who is highly critical of his living room passing accuracy, is what has kept the Saints‘ record-setting quarterback sharp as he’s approached his 40th birthday.

“My kids are what make me be better,” Brees began, describing how his son, Callen, likes to make diving catches on the couch. “He always tells me I am not throwing it in the right place. … He wants like the outstretched catch on the corner of the couch. They are my toughest critics. They keep me honest.”

And accurate.

When Brees became the NFL’s all-time leader in yards passing (now 72,103 and counting) during Monday night’s 43-19 victory over the Washington Redskins , he also posted the best single-game completion percentage of his career. He connected on 26 of 29 passes (89.7 percent) for 363 yards and three touchdowns — and still has not thrown an interception this season.

Yet this week, Brees is bound to find himself exposed to his heaviest dose of criticism all season; the Saints are on their bye, meaning more time to throw to the kids. He’ll return next week to a Saints squad riding a four-game winning streak, sitting atop the NFC South at 4-1 and looking to maintain one of the NFL’s best offenses while building on the recent improvement of a defense that got off to a shaky start. ...

Full Story - AP/Fox Sports

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom