Brees sets NFL record.... (1 Viewer)

That's just awesome. The Saints are very entertaining to watch. I am looking at this from a football perspective. People love offense and the Saints gives us plenty of that. Dare I say we are a SEXY team!

I agree. A true juggernaut offense that can move the ball on every team. The scary part is that we are not playing 100% to our potential. Colston is out, Bush is a bit slow, and Horn is not 100%. If 2 out of those 3 start clicking.... boy watch out for fireworks!!

>>He's made a player out of Devery Henderson.

Credit Devery for several hundred of those yards though. He was always a potential playmaker when he got time to play under Haslett. The key is what do we do with him in the near-term. I'm not sure when his contract is up (probably after 2007), but you'd think he'd be somewhat of a bargain unless a team wanted to gamble for his services.

Btw, the stat isn't obscure as it was shown on highlight shows last night. Now everyone knows. And hopefully with that 500+ game hanging around a couple more weeks, Brees can break his own record. :shrug:

Here's a question though - didn't we never have a 4,000 yard passer until Jim "Chris" Everett did it and then Brooks? Or was it that Everett was the first 3,000 in a while and Brooks got the 4,000? Brees, FWIW, is on pace for a 5,000 yard season which would be one of the best all time.

:shrug:

TPS

We didn't have much running game to speak of when Everett was under center, so passing was our only choice to move the ball. As many pointed out the last few seasons during The Great Aaron Brooks Debate, AB got a lot of his passing yards playing catch-up.

But Brees has a weak arm and according to SD fans, he's no good and can't win. I'm glad we have that weak armed mediocre QB.
No Chargers fan had ever said he's no good and can't win. Where do you get your info?
We loved Drew Brees and didn't want him to leave. He's one of the top 5 QBs when we had him. He's the biggest reason why I'm a Saints fan right now.

No Chargers fan had ever said he's no good and can't win. Where do you get your info?
We loved Drew Brees and didn't want him to leave. He's one of the top 5 QBs when we had him. He's the biggest reason why I'm a Saints fan right now.

A few weeks back someone posted a link to an SD forum. A handful were dogging Brees saying Rivers is better..blah blah blah but the majority said Brees was a great guy and a team player. The way I look at it is a win win for both teams. NO vs SD in the Superbowl!

A few weeks back someone posted a link to an SD forum. A handful were dogging Brees saying Rivers is better..blah blah blah but the majority said Brees was a great guy and a team player. The way I look at it is a win win for both teams. NO vs SD in the Superbowl!
They are just being homers and I don't know why they would say that since Brees has been the Chargers success the past 2 years (with LT). They are saying that now because Rivers is doing good.

But our fans and players loved Drew and his Birthmark of Power. We always like to see him doing so well.

They are just being homers and I don't know why they would say that since Brees has been the Chargers success the past 2 years (with LT). They are saying that now because Rivers is doing good.

But our fans loved Drew and his Birthmark of Power.

Can't forget his wife!

As a guy who frequented that forum the last six years (and still does), there were/are a LOT of Chrager fans with venom for Brees. It really stems back to 2002 when Brees beat out Doug Flutie for the starting job. There were droves of "Flutopians" who didn't want to see their icon on the bench. So in 2003 when SD went 4-12 and Brees was benched for 5 games, they called for the Breeser's head. Then when Rivers was drafted, a lot of fans were so sure that Brees was toast, that they totally wrote him off and couldn't wait to start the Rivers era. No one counted on Rivers holding out and Brees lighing it up. Everyone loved Rivers tangibles (size, arm, most NFL ready rookie) and those who said Brees had intangibles (leadership, heart, etc.) were written off. It was such a large controversy that it ended up having little to do with the two players (who are good friends BTW), and everything to do with fan vs. fan. Brees vs. Rivers thread still pop up over there from time to time - and it drives a lot of the River Rats nuts.

As a guy who frequented that forum the last six years (and still does), there were/are a LOT of Chrager fans with venom for Brees. It really stems back to 2002 when Brees beat out Doug Flutie for the starting job. There were droves of "Flutopians" who didn't want to see their icon on the bench. So in 2003 when SD went 4-12 and Brees was benched for 5 games, they called for the Breeser's head. Then when Rivers was drafted, a lot of fans were so sure that Brees was toast, that they totally wrote him off and couldn't wait to start the Rivers era. No one counted on Rivers holding out and Brees lighing it up. Everyone loved Rivers tangibles (size, arm, most NFL ready rookie) and those who said Brees had intangibles (leadership, heart, etc.) were written off. It was such a large controversy that it ended up having little to do with the two players (who are good friends BTW), and everything to do with fan vs. fan. Brees vs. Rivers thread still pop up over there from time to time - and it drives a lot of the River Rats nuts.

I have to second that opinion. I used to read the Charger Boards regularly, and there was a steadfast group of vocal fans that bashed Brees routinely. This board even had a visit from one last week named "Thunderstruck", who assured us all that the Saints could not win with Brees. In 4 years as a starter, he was never responsible for a Charger victory, but he was responsible for many of their losses. He was "just along for the ride" on a great team. All I can say is , if Brees is not good, then he is really really lucky because he's won at every level, including the NFL, NCAA, and even the Texas 5A High School Championship.

I have to second that opinion. I used to read the Charger Boards regularly, and there was a steadfast group of vocal fans that bashed Brees routinely. This board even had a visit from one last week named "Thunderstruck", who assured us all that the Saints could not win with Brees. In 4 years as a starter, he was never responsible for a Charger victory, but he was responsible for many of their losses. He was "just along for the ride" on a great team. All I can say is , if Brees is not good, then he is really really lucky because he's won at every level, including the NFL, NCAA, and even the Texas 5A High School Championship.
I am new to forums so I may have missed those days. I don't know what's wrong with those people. Brees was and is a damn good quarterback. If people say that he wasn't responsible for wins, they need to go back to the 12-4 season of 2004 where he was come back player of the year. Without him, they would not have that good of a record. It's not all LT. The QB has to manage the game and that's what he did. There are still many of us (Charger fans) who are Brees fans.

Imagine if, Bush explodes from the 9er game on through the playoffs(hopefully)along with the rest of the O weapons?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom