Brees shovel pass to Jones (1 Viewer)

Saint Tex

Delvin, Bro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did a search but didn't find this. Great play that got lost in the other great plays. Brees looks like he's sacked and the ball somehow comes out from under the pile and Jones takes it for a first down.

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
2010112500001387.jpg

A Favre like play that would have gotten him roasted if it had gone wrong (Int. wrong) but you can say that about so many great plays.

definately one of the key plays of the game. Brees is amazing at keeping drives alive and never gives up on a play

Peyton Manning never could of made that play. Defenders get close and he dives for cover.
MB

Thanks for the picture. I was sure he was sacked. It looks as though it wasn't as risky as you might think because Jones seems to be all alone--but that could just be the camera angle.

Old-timers might be reminded of the time Lorenzo Neal appeared to be stuffed behind the LOS only to have him emerge with a long run.

Beautiful play. I think the prettiest play that night was a simple over the shoulder pass to Colston on the far side of the feild. Made it look like Brees just dropped that in Colstons hands perfectly. I remember the Eagles fans sitting next to me even remarking about how finess it looked

A Favre like play that would have gotten him roasted if it had gone wrong (Int. wrong) but you can say that about so many great plays.

It did earlier in the year. I forget which game but remember him tossing the ball out as he got sacked, getting intercepted, and everybody screaming about how terrible Drew is this year.

Beautiful play. I think the prettiest play that night was a simple over the shoulder pass to Colston on the far side of the feild. Made it look like Brees just dropped that in Colstons hands perfectly. I remember the Eagles fans sitting next to me even remarking about how finess it looked
I know exactly which play you're talking about. The ball just floated over his shoulder.

This shovel pass play was very exciting to watch but if I had my choice I'd rather it didn't come down to this ever again.:hihi:

It did earlier in the year. I forget which game but remember him tossing the ball out as he got sacked, getting intercepted, and everybody screaming about how terrible Drew is this year.

I didn't want to bring that play up.

For the folks with Cox on demand the extended highlights are up and this awesome play is on there.

Old-timers might be reminded of the time Lorenzo Neal appeared to be stuffed behind the LOS only to have him emerge with a long run.

i remember that. one of my favorite saints plays, went for about 75 yrds if i remember right. neal's rookie year.

sidenote - what ever happened to derek brown? (another rookie rb that year)

Thanks for the picture. I was sure he was sacked. It looks as though it wasn't as risky as you might think because Jones seems to be all alone--but that could just be the camera angle.

Definitely a great play by both Brees and Jones, thought Brees was going to be taken down for sure but he still gets the pass in and for Jones to make sure he is still there available for Brees. Yea no one close to Jones

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom