Brees Snubbed, but Jordan, Evans, and Sproles included on 2010s All-Decade Roster (1 Viewer)

I agree that it is not always the case that the all time bests are not the top stats guys at all positions, you have to look at their situations as well.

I detest Cowherd but someone (smarter than him) on his staff gave him the same talking points we would use to argue that Brees is the GOAT, I certainly think he is, regardless of what the so-called "experts" think.

Barry Sanders? Naw, from a pure running the ball perspective you could make an argument...but...he was a decent receiver out of the backfield (not great) and was not good in pass protection. I would take Marshall Faulk over Sanders every day of the week, because he did everything at a very high level....

Totally understand that. Best is always dependent on what criteria you’re looking at. You’ve chosen who you believe to be the best all around. I chose to give the crown to the best pure runner in the history of the game imo.

Totally understand that. Best is always dependent on what criteria you’re looking at. You’ve chosen who you believe to be the best all around. I chose to give the crown to the best pure runner in the history of the game imo.

I understand as well. I've always felt Sanders was the most exciting RB in history....but best? No, alot of folks share your opinion (mine is not really popular) but to me the best RB of all time is a guy you want in the backfield on 3 and 1 and you know they will get the first down (almost every time). Sanders was not a particularly good short yardage back....

To me. because the game has changed. I love Drew he’s my favorite QB of all time. Just wouldn’t rank him #1. And my all time best are not all tops in stats at their positions.
For instance imo Barry Sanders is the best RB to ever play.

Best RB ever to play? Jim Brown. This isn't even arguable. Jim Brown is the GOAT football player, period.

As for arguing who is the GOAT QB, I don't think it's truly a defensible argument if you're picking any one of Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, Bart Starr, Otto Graham, Bobby Lane, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, or Joe Montana (anyone past those few would be a stretch IMHO, though). There are way too many factors: their receivers, their offensive lines, their coaches, their defenses, the eras in which they played, the NFL rules of the time (particularly passing rules), etc., etc.

In the modern era, I'll take Brees over Brady every time, but I understand he argument of anyone saying opposite. However, Rogers over Brees is laughable on every count. I roll my eyes over the "Brady has the rings" argument, but at least it's a definable reason for having that opinion. There simply is no definable reason for picking Aaron Rogers.

Best RB ever to play? Jim Brown. This isn't even arguable. Jim Brown is the GOAT football player, period.

As for arguing who is the GOAT QB, I don't think it's truly a defensible argument if you're picking any one of Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, Bart Starr, Otto Graham, Bobby Lane, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, or Joe Montana (anyone past those few would be a stretch IMHO, though). There are way too many factors: their receivers, their offensive lines, their coaches, their defenses, the eras in which they played, the NFL rules of the time (particularly passing rules), etc., etc.

In the modern era, I'll take Brees over Brady every time, but I understand he argument of anyone saying opposite. However, Rogers over Brees is laughable on every count. I roll my eyes over the "Brady has the rings" argument, but at least it's a definable reason for having that opinion. There simply is no definable reason for picking Aaron Rogers.

Agreed with all but running back.
I’d put Walter Payton before Jim Brown. I’d take Marshall Faulk over Jim Brown.

All Decade without the Rams cheat.

There is a narrative we just don't know or understand. No honest person objectively comparing the top QBs of the 2010s would pick Rodgers over Brees. Honestly, Russell Wilson had a better decade than Rodgers. Stats alone, it's not even close between DB and AR. Then if you actually watch film, who's leading their team, and who's trying to pull something out of their *** on the last play? Rodgers was always more mobile and has a stronger arm. He can throw some beautiful passes, no doubt about it. But he severely lacks consistency, discipline, leadership, efficiency, and drive. All of which Brees excels at.

If it was Tom Brady and Russell Wilson, I wouldn't be as suspicious. But since Rodgers continues to get knobbed by the media, it just proves there's a scripted narrative being played out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom