Brees Snubbed, but Jordan, Evans, and Sproles included on 2010s All-Decade Roster (1 Viewer)

Lol feels like a bad schrodinger's cat joke at this point.

Media - "Drew Brees is not a top 10 QB of all time"

Us - "Why not, he holds all the records?

Media - "Well, he's never won any major awards"

Us - "Well that's because you don't vote for him. Why don't you vote for him."

Media - "Because he's not a top 10 QB of all time!"

And round and round it goes. I'm over it. I don't care anymore. They will never be able to write him out of the reccord books.

Great way to look at it.

If you put Rodgers in New Orleans with the same stats he had in Green Bay and give New Orleans the same success that Green Bay had under Rodgers over that time, and put Brees in Green Bay with the same stats he had in New Orleans and give Green Bay the same success that New Orleans had under Brees over that time, Brees would have all of these awards. Rodgers plays for one of the "marquee" franchises in the league, and so he gets bonus points from the media.

It's the same thing with other teams and in other leagues. Yes, LeBron was a superstar with the Cavs and Heat. But with the Lakers? Bring on the fainting couch.

statistically he’s the greatest quarterback of all time. You measure every other skill position by those same metrics so why not qbs?
If brady had brees' stats with 1 title, and brees had brady's with 6 titles, would you say brady was the best all-time bc of yardage and td stats? I HIGHLY doubt it

statistically he’s the greatest quarterback of all time. You measure every other skill position by those same metrics so why not qbs?

To me. because the game has changed. I love Drew he’s my favorite QB of all time. Just wouldn’t rank him #1. And my all time best are not all tops in stats at their positions.
For instance imo Barry Sanders is the best RB to ever play.

If brady had brees' stats with 1 title, and brees had brady's with 6 titles, would you say brady was the best all-time bc of yardage and td stats? I HIGHLY doubt it

i use the same argument for baseball and basketball...why wouldn’t I?

the best Skill players have stats for a reason...wins don’t get applied to individual players

think about all the players on those patriot teams that have multiple rings...most of them aren’t considered the best ever at their position despite the rings...so why is Brady?

the best Skill players have stats for a reason...wins don’t get applied to individual players

think about all the players on those patriot teams that have multiple rings...most of them aren’t considered the best ever at their position despite the rings...so why is Brady?
Bc they arent quarterbacks. They do not impact nearly as much as a quarterback does.

Bc they arent quarterbacks. They do not impact nearly as much as a quarterback does.

ok but the quarterback, unless you’re Taysom hill, literally plays less than half the plays in a game. Why even field the other guys if only 1 gets credit. Brees isn’t responsible for his defense giving up30+ points per game and Brady isn’t responsible for his defense giving up less than 20. Both players can put up the same amount offensively but only 1 comes out on top.

bottom line is that football is a team sport and crediting 1 player is asinine. I’d argue the offensive and defensive lines are more important than any qb. Any great qb is only as good as his offensive line

I don’t think Brady is the GOAT even with all of his success and stats.

I am not a Colin Cowherd fan, but he once defended Drew Brees with a few points that would shed some light on how Drew had to overcome obstacles like no other QB.

1.) Drew is not the physical specimen like a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning. These guys are well over 6ft tall and the prototypical size to be a successful QB. Drew is exactly 6ft tall, although some thinks he is actually shorter. So, Drew already had physical limitations. Which he overcame.

2.) Drew suffered a career ending injury. A 360 degree labrum tear to his throwing shoulder. All he did was defy the odds and came back even better than he was before. So, he had to overcome that. Which Tom Brady and Peyton Manning never had to do. Manning’s injury happened well into his later years. Once again, Drew had to overcome yet another obstacle.

3.) Which Colin didn’t reference, but it’s widely known is Drew has not had the luxury of playing on teams with a good/great defense. A few years here and there possibly. But for the majority of his career, he basically had to keep his team afloat or will his team to a victory. As we all know, we have had some historically bad defenses. So bad, that it was embarrassing, and straight brutal to watch. The same can not be said for the likes of Tom Brady or others.

If Colin freaking Cowturd could see this, then the disrespect is real. Here’s the link if you care to watch it. Start at the .40 second mark.

I’m with you Canton... you can’t diminish the accomplishment of Superbowls BUT, it’s only a piece of it. When you consider GREATS who don’t have superbowls and BAD QB who do, it destroys the entire narrative. As you mentioned, (I think it was you) how can PETERSON be on the all Decade team with no superbowls??? QB is the only position graded that way in the sport that requires support from your teammates MORE then any other.

to me, it’s no different the anything else covered by the media... they don’t care about the reality, they create a narrative then start finding a way to support it after. That’s how we get the circular logic that others posted above.

To me. because the game has changed. I love Drew he’s my favorite QB of all time. Just wouldn’t rank him #1. And my all time best are not all tops in stats at their positions.
For instance imo Barry Sanders is the best RB to ever play.

I agree that it is not always the case that the all time bests are not the top stats guys at all positions, you have to look at their situations as well.

I detest Cowherd but someone (smarter than him) on his staff gave him the same talking points we would use to argue that Brees is the GOAT, I certainly think he is, regardless of what the so-called "experts" think.

Barry Sanders? Naw, from a pure running the ball perspective you could make an argument...but...he was a decent receiver out of the backfield (not great) and was not good in pass protection. I would take Marshall Faulk over Sanders every day of the week, because he did everything at a very high level....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom