Brees successor is in the building (1 Viewer)

I can guarantee I don’t. Hill had shown so much more progression. I have been here to see Teddy. Apples to apples hill has been better almost every time and demonstrated more growth and versatility.
Hill's passing is getting better and he plays with that energy but I can't tell from the couch if he is seeing the whole field. You see his eyes move a little to one side but it's like he may be giving the head fake and not really making a read. He seems to throw to whatever side he makes his initial reads on and in pre-season that easier.

Hill's passing is getting better and he plays with that energy but I can't tell from the couch if he is seeing the whole field. You see his eyes move a little to one side but it's like he may be giving the head fake and not really making a read. He seems to throw to whatever side he makes his initial reads on and in pre-season that easier.
You know I was telling my dad after the game that SP must have told him to stay in the pocket more today and look at more reads. Last week it was one and run, today he scrambled but his eyes were always down field and he was making multiple reads.

Bridgewater is the no 2 this year as Hill will stay in the gadget role and play special teams. If Drew retires at the end of the season I think Taysom is the better option over Teddy but it is close and there could be a dark horse that we don’t know about. If Brees stays I could see Teddy moving on and Taysom becoming the number 2 next year.

I can guarantee I don’t. Hill had shown so much more progression. I have been here to see Teddy. Apples to apples hill has been better almost every time and demonstrated more growth and versatility.
As a backup in a couple of games. So if he is the starter after Brees and sucks it up, you won't be calling for his head. You will be defending him until he is cut. I'm of the opinion that if we don't draft a QB with huge upside in the passing game, this team will lucky to see playoffs and never see a NFCCG.

Go look at the teams of the last 10 SB QBs. It's a passing league and if you think Taysom is going to run around like Vick did and set the world on fire you are mistaken. RPO QBs don't last in this league. He is a gimmick and if he starts a year where every team has film, he will never have the same success again.

We went 7-9 multiple times with an elite top 3 QB of all time. You are seriously going to tell me this team has a great chance of success with a gimmick backup at QB? Maybe but probably not. History says no.

As a backup in a couple of games. So if he is the starter after Brees and sucks it up, you won't be calling for his head. You will be defending him until he is cut. I'm of the opinion that if we don't draft a QB with huge upside in the passing game, this team will lucky to see playoffs and never see a NFCCG.

Go look at the teams of the last 10 SB QBs. It's a passing league and if you think Taysom is going to run around like Vick did and set the world on fire you are mistaken. RPO QBs don't last in this league. He is a gimmick and if he starts a year where every team has film, he will never have the same success again.

We went 7-9 multiple times with an elite top 3 QB of all time. You are seriously going to tell me this team has a great chance of success with a gimmick backup at QB? Maybe but probably not. History says no.
You might be right but this to me speaks more to the importance of defense and OL play. We had a HoF QB and a top offense and all the 7-9 years were because putrid defense completely nullified it. You can score 38 on anyone, but your defense is going to give up 40 to anyone...

Though outside the Nicks/Goodwin/Evans era we weren't that stout on the OL either as far as running the ball.

We win the Super Bowl this year, Drew rides off into the sunset and the H.O.F., and I am all in on Taysom moving forward...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom