Brees successor is in the building (1 Viewer)

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Well I have to say, as much as I had high hopes for Teddy, at this point I think it’s clear that Taysom Hill offers absolute upside in every aspect of the game. While I used to think that he was more suited for gadget stuff and Teddy could be the real guy, it’s evidenr that Hill is The Man moving forward. Great throws and great mobility but more importantly his pocket awareness is on point. He has proven his ability game after game. The guy makes plays it’s As simple as that.

sidwin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
As much as i like Hill, he has yet to play a full season where he’s a starter. He got hurt every year at BYU. His style of playing is brutal on the body and nfl has bigger linebackers hitting even harder. Special teams and utility and he’s shine.

dvdman

All-Pro
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure about Hill, he sure sounds like Drew under center.

sainthood

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The decision on if Hill has the ability to be a starter in this league will be made at the end of this season. Based on the cap the Saints came keep both Bridgewater and Hill. If the Saints think Hill can be a starter to succeed Brees, they will make him a QB only after this season. At minimum they will take him off of gunner on special teams. Maybe you let him play punt block by calculating injury risk. Bridgewater has shown nothing to suggest he is a NFL starter or has high upside playing against backups this preseason or in the final game of last season. Hill on the other hand has shown grown in his accuracy and a consistent and rare mobility and toughness. Furthermore the fans and the media love Hill. He is our third QB and people wear his jersey. People want to watch him play do to his big play ability and a selflessness that no player in the modern era has shown. Hill plays on punt and kick coverage, punt block, up back on punt team, QB, and has lined up at TE, WR, and RB. He regularly comes in at short yardage and has excelled. Hill is older due to his Mormon mission. Bridgewater has middle of the pack QB written all over him. Hill has upside and is learning from a hall of fame QB and all time great offensive coach. I trust Coach Payton. The idea of Bridgewater as the successor scares me that this team will over pay for mediocrity. The idea of Hill excites me because his accuracy has improved and his running ability hearkens Steve Young and Michael Vick with a rare toughness to make the mobility deadly if he can accurately throw on the run. While it is by no means a sure thing, the successor very well could be Hill if he continues this scale of improvement.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Now, I love me some Taysom. He's fun and exciting but players like him can't last long. At best, he'd be a stopgap.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Now, I love me some Taysom. He's fun and exciting but players like him can't last long. At best, he'd be a stopgap.
I agree and no one has really been talking about that.

Unless Taysom learns to slide, he’s going to end up perpetually injured as a starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom