Brees successor is in the building (1 Viewer)

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Well I have to say, as much as I had high hopes for Teddy, at this point I think it’s clear that Taysom Hill offers absolute upside in every aspect of the game. While I used to think that he was more suited for gadget stuff and Teddy could be the real guy, it’s evidenr that Hill is The Man moving forward. Great throws and great mobility but more importantly his pocket awareness is on point. He has proven his ability game after game. The guy makes plays it’s As simple as that.

Well I have to say, as much as I had high hopes for Teddy, at this point I think it’s clear that Taysom Hill offers absolute upside in every aspect of the game. While I used to think that he was more suited for gadget stuff and Teddy could be the real guy, it’s evidenr that Hill is The Man moving forward. Great throws and great mobility but more importantly his pocket awareness is on point. He has proven his ability game after game. The guy makes plays it’s As simple as that.
I wouldn't go that far. He looked very good today. He won the game for us. Last week, he looked terrible throwing the ball. Let's hope that he is improving.

Got to give Teddy a couple more looks at least if the being sick thing actually had an impact, but from what I've seen so far Teddy may have less upside than Hill.

Hill does seem to have made noticeable progress on accuracy and touch on his throws save for that one into the dirt when he was under bit of pressure. Need to see it consistently.

But remember Hill had an awful game last pre-season too and everyone wrote him off for a week as a QB until he came back and played better, Teddy should have a chance to do the same. But overall have not been overly impressed. Does look more like....a backup QB rather than starter, someone who fills in for the "game manager " role.

There is no way Payton makes Hill the backup QB. As mentioned many times, Hill plays an important role on our offense that Sean would have to give up if he’s the backup. I really doubt Sean wants to do that.

Right now. You will be a singing a different tune in a couple years, if we go with him as the full time starter.
I can guarantee I don’t. Hill had shown so much more progression. I have been here to see Teddy. Apples to apples hill has been better almost every time and demonstrated more growth and versatility.

There is no way Payton makes Hill the backup QB. As mentioned many times, Hill plays an important role on our offense that Sean would have to give up if he’s the backup. I really doubt Sean wants to do that.
In not necessarily saying he is the defacto #2 but he is the best we have by far right now. He is so versatile all over the field and I totally see what your saying. That being said he still is the best QB outside of Brees on this team

In not necessarily saying he is the defacto #2 but he is the best we have by far right now. He is so versatile all over the field and I totally see what your saying. That being said he still is the best QB outside of Brees on this team

You might be correct, but he still won’t be #2 in my opinion, which is worth exactly what you paid for it. ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom