Brees suffered 11 rib fractures (1 Viewer)

True, but did you see that one time, when Aaron Rodgers threw that amazing touchdown from the 1 yard line? Good times!
You can interchange Tom Brady there, as he has become the king of the 1 yard touchdown passes this year.

Eight on his left side, three on his right per WerderEdESPN.

The man is tough as hell.

He may also need to consume more dairy products to safeguard against osteoporosis.

Dairy increases the chances of osteoporosis.

I mean is it even possible for him to safely come back? This sounds nuts.
Look at it this way, he was already playing with cracked ribs while playing in the Bucs game two weeks ago and he started the 49ers game with those same cracked ribs. My guess is that had he not punctured his lung he would have come out of the locker room after halftime ready to finish the game last week. Drew said in the post game presser that his issues were "cumulative". I'm not saying that he should be playing after his three weeks on IR (or even that he will be able to do so)... but going by what we saw, if Drew can breathe at all, he will figure out a way to physically get the job done.

Of course I also believe the results of the next three games will have a lot to do with whether they will allow Drew to give it a try. I get the feeling that the way our backup QBs play will have a lot to do with that decision. :unsure:

Beast

Look at it this way, he was already playing with cracked ribs while playing in the Bucs game two weeks ago and he started the 49ers game with those same cracked ribs. My guess is that had he not punctured his lung he would have come out of the locker room after halftime ready to finish the game last week. Drew said in the post game presser that his issues were "cumulative". I'm not saying that he should be playing after his three weeks on IR (or even that he will be able to do so)... but going by what we saw, if Drew can breathe at all, he will figure out a way to physically get the job done.

Of course I also believe the results of the next three games will have a lot to do with whether they will allow Drew to give it a try. I get the feeling that the way our backup QBs play will have a lot to do with that decision. :unsure:
Yep and he said pain wasnā€™t the issue keeping him from returning. He couldnā€™t freakin breathe!! If the lung hadnā€™t collapsed heā€™d have returned after the half.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom