Brees - the King of Accuracy (per Football Outsiders). (1 Viewer)

For as good as Sean Payton is, the Saints would have been a Patriots tier dynasty if Payton had done what he should have and dumped the entire defensive coaching staff and McMahon after 2012.
The 2013 defense was good. Who screwed it up?

Yep and it is insane how often he has been overlooked and dismissed in his career because he was not the prototypical 6'4 QB. We all know that he should have at least 1 if not 2 more Superbowl rings if it were not for those record-setting awful defenses. The same people who defend Marino for not ever winning a Superbowl...are the same ones that immediately dismiss Brees for not winning 2. Fact is, Marino was a spectacularly talented QB...who simply was mediocre in the post-season. Brees on the other hand was still setting accuracy records in the post-season, while watching his defense give away games. If Drew had those 1-2 more rings then I think it would be easy to put him right behind Brady as the #2 QB of all time.

I watched a video on YouTube the other day on DB9 and the first 10 comments were either bountygate nonsense or that he was a choker when in counted and nowhere near the top qb's. It deeply saddens me that our defensive ineptitude was so great for 15 years that he is remembered as a cheater and a choker instead of the completely dominant GOAT level player that he was.

I stopped reading the comments after that.

I watched a video on YouTube the other day on DB9 and the first 10 comments were either bountygate nonsense or that he was a choker when in counted and nowhere near the top qb's. It deeply saddens me that our defensive ineptitude was so great for 15 years that he is remembered as a cheater and a choker instead of the completely dominant GOAT level player that he was.

Yeah I've hit ten

Yeah I finally just stopped reading comments on any social media article or mention of Brees. For a while I would take on the battle of defending him or the bounty farce. But as soon as you start spitting out cold hard facts, they just stop responding so it's pointless and a waste of time (not to mention it's not good for my blood pressure.)

Yeah I've hit ten

Yeah I finally just stopped reading comments on any social media article or mention of Brees. For a while I would take on the battle of defending him or the bounty farce. But as soon as you start spitting out cold hard facts, they just stop responding so it's pointless and a waste of time (not to mention it's not good for my blood pressure.)

This is not just about DB9....it's about anything. Start throwing out facts and they just shut down. People aren't interested in learning new things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom