Brees Throws For 500 Yards? (2 Viewers)

I would rather have Brees with the record than Brooks.
Lordy! +1 over here on The Left Coast!

But what I want to know from you all who went to the game is, "Did Freddie Thomas stink it up that badly or was he expecting (as usual, a defensive secondary will "roll coverage" to the deep side") more or ANY help from the Safties? Could you tell from watching the plays unfold on those long shots to CJ?

Just asking 'cause being at the game gives you a better over-all view of what is happening on any given play.

Thanks for any info as I'm taking a beating on being a defender of FT but will admit, he sure looked either beaten like a bad dog OR perhaps "Expecting" more help from his deep coverage man.

Brees (and receivers) over and over came up big on 3rd down and 'cashed the check'. Over and over, Brees almost got creamed in the pocket, but a 'shift to the left here', and 'slide to the right there', a 'step forward', and BAM, 1st down. Over and over, and then because we haven't got our 'x-and-goal-to-go' passing game down (and/or the goal-line go-to guy was on the sideline) and also, in conjunction with mistakes by Brees in those situations, end up in the killer interceptions picks. It is too bad, the guy (and offense, it is a team game) was/were having a career game....and that was without the Quiet-Storm....go figure.

Drew is a beast! It's a shame that he threw those ints but I don't expect he'll make a habit of it. He is however passing like a demon. We clean up our mistakes and we'll be winning once again. Our secondary is kinda scary though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom