Brees throws "loose" passes? (Yahoo article) (1 Viewer)

Bourbon

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
Put the Saints in the overrated pile too. Not enough balance on offense, and for all the sunshine thrown at Drew Brees, he will throw a loose ball now and again. Too many holes on defense. Grab those points with Buffalo.

Not sure what this author is referring to. I guess having 1 tipped pass picked and a busted flea flicker now classifies him as "loose". But then, having over 130 net yards rushing also means we're not balanced.

Thought everyone would get a kick out of this one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl...JutS5bZ8u?slug=rotowire-breakfasttable_092509

Last edited:
He did say now and again, didnt say all the time. Same could be true of any QB.

hmmm.. yeah, we'll see how overrated we are tomorrow. We should definetly cover the spread.

No balance on offense, but we're rushing for, what, 140 yards per game? And too many holes on defense? What positions, exactly? Other than being a bit thin at DT right now, I don't see any holes on the defense. This guy's a tool.

Oh, and he has a response in the comments to the fans who ripped him for his "analysis" of the Saints.

I don't know if we can say with any degree of certainty that this Eagles defense is what we came to expect prior to DC's Jim Johnson's death. So I don't know how impressive the Saints offense in Philly really was. They're throwing now about two thirds of the time in the first and second quarter. I'm not saying it's a problem, but it's definitely not balanced. They're even throwing 45 percent of the time in the third quarter when they have been walking away with games.

What a bunch of silly excuses. So we use the pass to set up the run. What's the problem with that? Doesn't mean the offense isn't balanced if our overall ratio is still 50-50 or 55-45 or whatever it is so far.

I don't normally give a damn what these "analysts" say. In fact, I'd much prefer that we continue to get no respect for as long as possible. But this article is particularly awful.

Last edited:
The dude should watch some sports science. A little wiggle on the ball helps maximize the accuracy lol

No balance on offense, but we're rushing for, what, 140 yards per game? And too many holes on defense? What positions, exactly? Other than being a bit thin at DT right now, I don't see any holes on the defense. This guy's a tool.
This. Mike Bell was looking like a top 5 RB before he went down. How can he say we have no balance when were producing yards on the ground and in the air?? Mike Bell is #4 in rushing, and Drew is looking as polished as ever. Sounds like a hater to me.

How are people this stupid allowed to publish this kind of crap?

Well, I cant blame the writer, there is an editor that decides its quality enough to be posted.

Did he not see the video of Breesus hitting a bulls-eye 10 out of 10 times and it was determined Drew's passes are as consistant as a Cajun going fishing? They also said Drew's spirals have a wobble every 5 rotations( I beleive I'm quoting correctly here) which does something for accuracy given the shape of the ball.

Ahhhhhhh, Man let's face it! Drew is a QB Freak Of Nature and The SAINTS have him and he's HAPPY with N.O. and WE'RE ALL VERY HAPPY HE's A SAINT!

Anything else written or said is complete crapola! "Nuff SAID!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom