Brees to Payton: "You are the reason that I am here … I want to win a championship for you" - article (1 Viewer)

INCREDIBLE article. Thanks for posting this.
"A year ago during the bye week, players are getting out of here. I was leaving the building on Sunday, and out on the field I see this guy in shorts with a ball," Payton says.
"It's Brees out there by himself, Sunday, 1:30. And I say, 'What are you doing?'
"He says, 'I'm just trying to stay in my routine, simulate a game, so my body is still in condition.' "
Not the best part about the article, but that amazes me.

Can we get a Brokeback Mountain photoshop with Brees/Payton for this thread? :hihi:

"I just can't quit you"

brokebacksaints.jpg

geeez louise :covri: this is just about getting out of hand :hihi:

yes, I hope it all ends in a big super bowl victory for Brees and company and the city... but this upcoming sunday is where rubber meets the road. one game at a time.. game on.

IS IT SUNDAY YET!???

WHO DAT!? :gosaints:

"Micah was very depressed because he knew his time was coming to an end," his mother says. "But when Drew came in with Brittany, I started screaming, 'Drew Brees is here!'

"Micah woke up and started talking to Drew. They began to play the Wii games. The two of them were inseparable."

Brees wore a mask because Micah's immune system was so weak. Micah won every game.

"After his visit, my son began to do what Drew Brees does every Sunday: He continues to fight and win," Roshell says. "Three weeks ago, we went to the clinic, and nobody recognized Micah. He looked that different."

Says Micah, "Drew told me to keep fighting."

Micah is healthy enough to have a November bone marrow transplant."

As someone who works in healthcare, this kind of thing is very powerful. Never underestimate the power of love to another human being. Obviously, to Drew Brees love is a verb.

Now, go and get us that Lombardi trophy!! :)

Re: (null)

Great and positive story by a national media outlet. That's a story in itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great and positive story by a national media outlet. That's a story in itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - the NOLA media has been good at covering Brees' off field activities but there has been very little national coverage. It is nice to see an article in a national newspaper that mentions more than his shoulder injury, passing yards and TD's.

You know, I'm not into man crushes or anything even remotely related to that sort of thing, but Drew Brees makes me want to be a better man.

Drew, you and coach are worthy of our praise. You are two beautiful human beings. Now go out there and win us a freaking Super Bowl, and stop crying together over your playbooks in coach's office.

:worthy:

Wow...that has to be one of the best articles I have ever read on anyone on the team, much less Drew. Drew is The Man!!!

Oh my godness... this thread great.

Everyone knows football is all about man love. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom