Brees to Payton: "You are the reason that I am here … I want to win a championship for you" - article (1 Viewer)

Okay, this post confirms that the Saints will win the Superbowl this year. Here's why. First of all, I believe in signs and wonders. And since my universe revolves around me, I have a direct affect on everything in my universe, including the Saints. Secondly, I have gone on record on this website saying that this is the Saints year-we will win the Superbowl. I have never had this feeling in decades of living and dying with the black and gold, but this year it is a very strong feeling. So far, so good, right? Next, I recently relocated from the west coast to the east coast, and got a job teaching high school. The school's mascot? The Saints. When we started the school year, the district's theme was. . . 212 degrees F, based on the same book that Brees gave Peyton. Finally, last year my first born, 12 year old son started to take notice of football, and watched his first Saints game to the end. He has since caught the fire, and has officially become a huge saints fan. My reward for long suffering and watching my team alone, will be that he and I will celebrate this championship together.

The long and short of it? This IS our year! Because everything in my universe has lined up; the Saints are 3-0 and already looking like Superbowl Champions, we seem to be getting all the little breaks where things fall into place just right, and the Panthers suck! And last but certainly not least, we have Breesus to lead us to the promised land. (Do you ever get giddy when you think about just what we have at the quarterback position. We're Saints fans! Things like that only happen to other teams, not the Saints. Oh wait, this is really happening!!!).

We will handle the Jets on Sunday, after all, its the Jets. And we will handle every obstacle that stands in our way.

Who Dat!?!

Wow! Wow! Thanks for that link kfran. Amazing story about an amazing man.
In 1966 when 'The City That Care Forgot' was awarded an expansion franchise in the NFL, it caused a change in The City of New Orleans. Many neighborhoods would became one big neighborhood for at least one day of the week. That change has stood for a long time and been responsible for many positive moments over the years.

I think these two men will be looked back on as having as much positive impact on the city as the team being awarded to the city in 1966.

I think the name choice for the team 'Saints' was part of a 40 year plan to bring a true saint to the city.
mb

just when you thought your man crush couldn't grow larger. it's borderline questionable at this point.

just when you thought your man crush couldn't grow larger. it's borderline questionable at this point.

No. I think it's 1 of 9. So far everyone on this board has a man crush. No worries... not on gaydar yet.

Brees has visited the hospital where I work before. He came this summer and visited the pediatric patients. My daughter, who works in marketing for this hospital, was assigned to take him around. She told me that he was very genuine with the patients and their families, and then stayed and posed for pictures with the staff on that floor. She was also asked not to publicize this event, so no one in town even knew he was there. Heck, most of the people who work in the hospital didn't know he was there, as it was his choice not to make a big deal out of it. I do think he is a special individual. Some people are just that way, the Saints are lucky to have him. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom