Brees to play as long as the Saints want him (1 Viewer)

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We're so lucky to have this guy.

Brees repeatedly has stated that he would like to play in New Orleans as long as the Saints want him. And he told The Dan Patrick Show earlier this week that he doesn’t see any scenario where he will wind up playing for any other team in his career.

Sean Payton has kind words for Deshaun Watson, Drew Brees - New Orleans Saints Blog- ESPN

But when asked if he would retire if the Saints released him, Brees said no.

“If the Saints came to me right now and said, ‘You’re not our guy right now, we’re releasing you,’ I’d say, ‘I’ve still got football left in me. I’m gonna go play.’

“I just don’t ever desire to go anywhere else and play for any other team.”

Brees told ESPN’s NFL Live earlier this week, “I feel like I can play this game as long as I want to, as long as I’m doing the right things to take care of myself.”

And he told Patrick that he thinks he would know it’s time to stop playing “when you don’t enjoy the training process or the preparation anymore.”

“As long as I feel like I have a purpose for playing, a challenge to be met, a goal to strive for, then there’s a passion to play the game,” Brees said.

Yes we are truly lucky to have him, on the field and off. The way he plays and the way he promotes the city and such a great model for us all.

Good to hear. Really like the point about training and knowing when it's time to quit.

Brees isn't going to pull a Favre and decide he doesn't need training camp. As long as he's here, he will he committed at the same level he always is.

Yes we are truly lucky to have him, on the field and off. The way he plays and the way he promotes the city and such a great model for us all.

I totally agree! He's such a class act on and off the field. I have so much respect for him.

Good to hear. Really like the point about training and knowing when it's time to quit.

Brees isn't going to pull a Favre and decide he doesn't need training camp. As long as he's here, he will he committed at the same level he always is.

He's the heart and soul of this football team. We are privileged to have him.

We sure are, I don't take for granted what he's brought to this team, city, and fans.

I want him for as long as possible, until we have someone on the team that is clearly better, like Jake Delhomne over Brooks, Jake went to the superbowl for the panthers and well Brooks just went. When someone like Brady 6th rounder comes around and does it naturally, then we will all know when that happens, not even close now

Barring injury, I think he can play another 3-5 years.

Brees is one of few qbs who could do what pats did tonight so its good that he is staying

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom