Brees To Wear A Brace (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Upon his return he said per doctors orders. I wonder how that will effect him and may take some time to adjust. Maybe after the bye week will be better for a return.

Man and he hates wearing gloves. Lol. Imagine how’s he’s going to hate the brace :cool: better safe than sorry.

Can anyone out there show or tell us what kind of brace Brees will have to wear?
Is it a glove or a brace like the one below (sports brace)....

1571393200806.png some people might want to know

Can anyone out there show or tell us what kind of brace Brees will have to wear?
Is it a glove or a brace like the one below (sports brace)....
The brace you posted it too obstructive to accurately throw a Football.

He will probably have a custom fitted one, that secures just the Outside of his thumb for stabilization but still be open enough for him to grip a Football and throw.

Brees said it would be on the outside of his thumb only.

This is the correct answer. Remember, the whole point of the UCL is to prevent thumb ABduction (prevent the thumb from moving away from the rest of the hand). All you need is a small brace on the outside part of the thumb to prevent hyperabduction of the thumb. Honestly, I doubt it will be a big deal at all...but athletes are pretty darn particular, so I guess we will see.

Maybe something like this?

52726_1000x1000-pad.jpg

Maybe something like this?

52726_1000x1000-pad.jpg

That wouldn't work. It only stabilizes the base of the thumb. The ligament that is injured connects the metacarpal to the proximal phalanx (around the area that brace you have above is located). The brace would have to go up about another inch to support that joint.

It'll probably look something like this but more streamlined as it will be customized to allow it to be less bulky.

1571405419262.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom