Brees told teammates at Pro Bowl he was retiring (1 Viewer)

The rumor I was hearing was that if Brees hung up the cleats the man would be Teddy.

Where were you when this came out? And Taysom got all those interviews super bowl week about potentially being a starting quarterback?

“Until Brees decides whether to play in 2020 or retire, everything else is on hold. But it appears that the Saints have decided that Hill is next, whether that’s in 2020 or 2021.”

Last edited:
Interesting... so mentally he had crossed the threshold to get ready to retire. Something must've pulled him back.

The rumor I was hearing was that if Brees hung up the cleats the man would be Teddy.

Not the rumor I heard.

The Saints were gonna roll with Taysom, and viewed him as a franchise QB.

The last parts not even a rumor, it came straight out the horses mouth "Sean Payton"

Retire from what exactly?

Jimmy John's?
Advocare?
Walk On's?
PlayCoach Football?
Dunkin Donuts?
Wrangler?

Could've been anything...............

Interesting... so mentally he had crossed the threshold to get ready to retire. Something must've pulled him back.

His own competitive nature is my guess. Dude can probably barely sleep at night thinking about that last playoff game. It might be different if he personally had a great game but the team still lost. I could not then and cannot imagine now that he would go out on such a low note.

I think it just confirms that 2020 is the Farewell Tour.

I was expecting him to retire. Just the fact that he had said he would need time to think about it meant he was seriously considering it. Well, let's hope he finally gets that well deserved second Super Bowl ring this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom