Brees Update (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Drew Brees clarified Wednesday that he's back to working with a regulation-sized football.
It's great news for Brees' chances of returning sooner rather than later. The future hall of fame QB himself stated, "I’ve graduated to the NFL ball ... I have a really kind of disciplined plan for what I need to do for strength and flexibility and then my throwing and all that stuff. So really starting to get back into it, doing football stuff, and just trying to get back as quick as I can." There appears to be a real chance that Brees returns in Week 8 against the Cardinals.

Drew Brees clarified Wednesday that he's back to working with a regulation-sized football.
It's great news for Brees' chances of returning sooner rather than later. The future hall of fame QB himself stated, "I’ve graduated to the NFL ball ... I have a really kind of disciplined plan for what I need to do for strength and flexibility and then my throwing and all that stuff. So really starting to get back into it, doing football stuff, and just trying to get back as quick as I can." There appears to be a real chance that Brees returns in Week 8 against the Cardinals.
If already stated, don’t shoot me as I didn’t go through every thread. I will say I hope we sit him through the bye along with AK as I want us to be as healthy as possible for the stretch run.

If we beat the Bears this week, he needs to sit until after the Bye... no need to rush it if being tied for the division lead - is the worst case scenario going into the Bye.

While I agree, If Drew is ready, I might play him a series or two, just to give some reps. Treat it like a preseason game for him.

I really don't get you people who say sit him it's a thumb, not a hamstring or back issue the second he has the velocity and is able to throw a ball he should be playing period there is no more chance of reinjury than the first time it was injured.
Agreed, If the ligament is healed and he can throw the ball with velocity and accuracy without any issues, then he's ready so he plays. :idunno: Sit him for what?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom