Brees vs Brady TD passes projection through end of the season (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Currently

Brady 528
Brees 522

Both with 9 games remaining.

Brady has slowed down considerably this year throwing TD passes.

He has only 11 in 7 games. It's been the easiest part of their schedule and yet he still struggled to throw touchdowns. He is projected to throw 25.

That puts Brady at 542.

So the question is can Brees throw 20 TDs in 9 games? And does he even play that 9th game?

I think the answer lies in whether he'll play Sunday. If he does, I project 22 TDs over the last 9 games. He will be facing one terrible pass defense after another (the next 5 games are extremely favorable).

That puts Brees at 544.

I got Brees and Brady both at 537 headed into week 15.

Last edited:
He has only 11 in 7 games. It's been the easiest part of their schedule and yet he still struggled to throw touchdowns. He is projected to throw 25.
Brady did not "struggle" to throw td passes. They were up big in most of their games, with a good bit of rushing tds.

Brady did not "struggle" to throw td passes. They were up big in most of their games, with a good bit of rushing tds.

Not against Buffalo when he only completed like 46% of his passes threw 0 TD's and 1 INT. Or against the Giants where they couldn't get going offensively until later in the game and he had 0 TD's and 1 pick.

I've actually watched quite a bit of them this season and he's struggling to throw TD passes. I promise you, if it weren't like pulling teeth, they would have opted to make more attempts into the endzone vs running the ball in for the score. He even has two interceptions in the endzone this season, something i haven't seen him to do in years and he's now done it twice this season.

I still stand by my assertion that both QBs will be at 537 going into the week 15 game. That is an average of 3 TDs per game leading up to that point, and he got 3 in his "rusty" game back.

Saints host the 49ers.

Patriots on the road at Cincinnati.

Obviously huge advantage for Brady to do it and Belichick and Brady will make sure he gets to 540 that game.

Last edited:
What I'm really hoping for is that Brees goes off for 5 TDs against the Falcons, which is very plausible.

Then the outside shot to 540 before the 49ers have is realistic.

What I'm really hoping for is that Brees goes off for 5 TDs against the Falcons, which is very plausible.

Then the outside shot to 540 before the 49ers have is realistic.
I hope neither Brees nor Payton get hung up on throwing a specific number of TDs or winning a certain way over a distraction from the idea of competing with Brady for stats.

Just win games. Stick with whatever works, game plan against the weaknesses.

Keep winning and end up with chance to beat Brady straight up.

Brady only 14 TDs in 9 games.

And the next 4 opponents much tougher like the Ravens.

So that projects to 540 after game #15.

So does Brees get to 540 and beyond in the next 7 games?

My projections:

Atlanta - 4
@ Tampa - 2
Carolina - 3
@ Atlanta - 3
49ers - 2
Colts - 3
@ Titans - 2

That's 544 with the record broken vs the Colts.

Brady only 14 TDs in 9 games.

And the next 4 opponents much tougher like the Ravens.

So that projects to 540 after game #15.

So does Brees get to 540 and beyond in the next 7 games?

My projections:

Atlanta - 4
@ Tampa - 2
Carolina - 3
@ Atlanta - 3
49ers - 2
Colts - 3
@ Titans - 2

That's 544 with the record broken vs the Colts.
That's a lofty amount per game. I hope he can do it, it's certainly possible.

Currently

Brady 528
Brees 522

Both with 9 games remaining.

Brady has slowed down considerably this year throwing TD passes.

That puts Brady at 542.

So the question is can Brees throw 20 TDs in 9 games? And does he even play that 9th game?

I think the answer lies in whether he'll play Sunday. If he does, I project 22 TDs over the last 9 games. He will be facing one terrible pass defense after another (the next 5 games are extremely favorable).

That puts Brees at 544.

I got Brees and Brady both at 537 headed into week 15.
Seemed so long ago and not a great shot for Brees.

Almost nailed the projection heading into this week (Brady had 536).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom