Brees vs. Rodgers (1 Viewer)

Doublemove

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Not sure if I can see Rodgers doing what Brees is doing at the same age. Is it just me or is Rodgers declining? Not referencing his arm so much as I am pointing out his production in terms of team chemistry, leadership, ability to win, and those things. What's your opinion on how Rodger's end of career years will compare to Brees?

I could see Rodgers trying to force his way out of Green Bay if this new regime doesn't bring more wins and/or surround him with more talent than McCarthy's did. Or flirting with retirement and holding teams hostage like Favre did - he did back him up for a few years so he had a front row seat as to how to cheese off your team and force your way out

Not one to knock on Aaron Rogers. Don't care much for him but I do enjoy watching him play sometimes. He has some nice tight spiral on his throws and a strong arm. However, football intelligence, and leadership roles are something Brees have over him hands down. Players and free agents have always wanted to come play for him and always have nothing but good things to say about him. But Rogers is more physically better.

All good points. I think Brees and Brady are doing something in the end of their careers that we have not seen or at least rarely seen. When you look a the whole picture from the impact each has on other players, football, their franchise, sports in general, appeal, and high level of play you have to realize these guys are doing something special.

Sure these guys have lost a step but you are seeing players and football analysts still pointing out that these guys in their 40's are the best in the league. Manning wasn't getting that in the end.

Which brings me back to the Brees/Rodgers comparison. Rodger gets so much media hype because of physical attributes and athleticism, but he misses on many other important factors. Brees gets it done with the attitude of "look what we did", Rodgers comes off as "look what I did". Maybe that's the better way to view their differences.

As a side note, (IMAO, Bret was a much better Packer. As a Saints fan I rooted for the Packers with Brett when the Saints were not in a SB run, and I root against the Packers with Aaron regardless).

I’ll take Brees all day.

A-Rod is 0-38 in his career when trailing in the 4th quarter against a winning team.

I’m still salty over Wilson beating Ryan 70% to 30%

Last edited:
Here’s something the media never mentions. The quarterbacks Brees faced on his way to a Super Bowl win were Kurt Warner,Brett Favre,and Peyton Manning all of which are Hall of Farmer’s. Aaron Rodgers face Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, Caleb Hanie, and Ben Roethlisberger to win a Super Bowl. Now even Packers fans have to agree that Brees road to the Super Bowl win was much harder. I’m start to think that Aaron Rodgers paying the media off to pushes his I’m a great Quarterback agenda.

Here’s something the media never mentions. The quarterbacks Brees faced on his way to a Super Bowl win were Kurt Warner,Brett Favre,and Peyton Manning all of which are Hall of Farmer’s. Aaron Rodgers face Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, Caleb Hanie, and Ben Roethlisberger to win a Super Bowl. Now even Packers fans have to agree that Brees road to the Super Bowl win was much harder. I’m start to think that Aaron Rodgers paying the media off to pushes his I’m a great Quarterback agenda.
Yeah, Drew ran the gauntlet on that SB. Good Point

And they dismantled Tom Brady during the regular season that year. They made BB tap out. BB has never tapped out except for that one game.

Not one to knock on Aaron Rogers. Don't care much for him but I do enjoy watching him play sometimes. He has some nice tight spiral on his throws and a strong arm. However, football intelligence, and leadership roles are something Brees have over him hands down. Players and free agents have always wanted to come play for him and always have nothing but good things to say about him. But Rogers is more physically better.

Well said. Rodgers has an insane arm and exactly as you said, he makes some throws at end of games that are stunning to watch. He seems more of a Showtime guy than a great, well rounded NFL elite QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom