Brees was subpar (1 Viewer)

Yea I didn’t see that today. Sorry. I saw poise. I was shocked at the stat lines for Brees too but this isn’t about any of that. We worked hard for this win. We dominated them in a lot of the categories. Brees was excellent today. It’s not going to be a stay, it’s how he ran this game. Absolute confidence from this offence. This is what means the most.

It gives me hope that the Saints can continue this success post Brees.
We won’t see such precise passes and game Management but your right. Without a doubt I think we we will be able to move forward playing smart football. That’s for tomorrow though, today let’s just enjoy Brees for every game he gives us.

And Saints still won comfortably. Deep team. Need Ruiz back. Teams are going to just keep coming up the middle with extra rushers.

One thing I see being overlooked is the fact that Emmanuel Sanders' first four targets he produced four first downs and a touchdown. 48 yards in "hidden yardage" from the two pass interference penalties the bucs committed on Sanders. That yardage won't show up in his or Brees' stat line, but it still counts and still were huge plays for the Saints.

The Saints finally burned a team for selling out on Mike Thomas. That's big.

One thing I see being overlooked is the fact that Emmanuel Sanders' first four targets he produced four first downs and a touchdown. 48 yards in "hidden yardage" from the two pass interference penalties the bucs committed on Sanders. That yardage won't show up in his or Brees' stat line, but it still counts and still were huge plays for the Saints.

The Saints finally burned a team for selling out on Mike Thomas. That's big.
This----Brees was fine, some people will never be happy unless they see 450 yds and 5 TD's in the stat line, but "subpar" is just silly. The blitz wasn't read for sure on a few occasions, but that's going to happen against a solid D. We get a week 1 win against a division opponent, led by Tom Brady no less. The old has been with the noodle arm did alright in my book.

If he only made one good block a game he would never play. You are lying repeatedly.

So you know more than Payton and Loomis. BS.
Watching the game again. Right after peat misses a block he makes a great block to free Alvin for a TD. Peat stone walled his man the whole first quarter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom