Brees was subpar (1 Viewer)

Just finished watching the entire first half. Peat missed exactly one block.

Peat ended up missing exactly one block the entire game.

Last edited:
Yea I didn’t see that today. Sorry. I saw poise. I was shocked at the stat lines for Brees too but this isn’t about any of that. We worked hard for this win. We dominated them in a lot of the categories. Brees was excellent today. It’s not going to be a stay, it’s how he ran this game. Absolute confidence from this offence. This is what means the most.

Brees himself said he was horrible today.

This----Brees was fine, some people will never be happy unless they see 450 yds and 5 TD's in the stat line, but "subpar" is just silly. The blitz wasn't read for sure on a few occasions, but that's going to happen against a solid D. We get a week 1 win against a division opponent, led by Tom Brady no less. The old has been with the noodle arm did alright in my book.

I just said to another poster, Brees himself admitted that he was horrible today.

And that’s fine. By his standards if he feels that way, then that’s his call. I’m not so sure Brees on a sloppy day isn’t better than 90% Of the other QBs out there. He still executed at a high level

I agree but he still wasn't good by his standards. It's okay to admit it. It's not disparaging him or anything. We should've scored over 40 with him not playing up to his standards, imagine when he does. Maybe we'll score 70 in one game? That would be great!

Brees himself said he was horrible today.
I agree but he still wasn't good by his standards. It's okay to admit it. It's not disparaging him or anything. We should've scored over 40 with him not playing up to his standards, imagine when he does. Maybe we'll score 70 in one game? That would be great!

Your right, and yes, his standards are going to be extremely high. That’s what makes him the best ever. I’m not sure subpar is the word to describe it though. You know we may all fall into the category of saying we didn’t do enough, and missing the oppurtunities in front of us. But Brees today. Even if he felt he didn’t play a great game, executed at a great level. How many times can we say we handily won a season opener? It wasn’t Brees precision but it didn’t matter he made the plays that counted. There is always going to be room for improvement but today he did a great job!

Your right, and yes, his standards are going to be extremely high. That’s what makes him the best ever. I’m not sure subpar is the word to describe it though. You know we may all fall into the category of saying we didn’t do enough, and missing the oppurtunities in front of us. But Brees today. Even if he felt he didn’t play a great game, executed at a great level. How many times can we say we handily won a season opener? It wasn’t Brees precision but it didn’t matter he made the plays that counted. There is always going to be room for improvement but today he did a great job!

I think we're on the same page because I agree. The Saint's O-Line didn't look good but the Bucs D had a hand in that. He should look much better next week.

Listen we know our QB, by no stretch of the imagination was Brees great today you guys need to stop with that. Was he as bad as he says he was in being "horrible"? I don't think so. It was waaay below his average game and the stats back that up 18/30 for 160 yards total? Are you kidding me? Drew does that in our offense in one measily quarter on a good day. Our D And Special Teams won it for us, Drew will be better going forward...The O line was way below its average as well, Kamara averaged 1.3 yards per carry with very little daylight or holes to run through and the playcalling was atrocious. We will improve it was week 1, the offense will get better

Drew missed some passes. Alvin missed some holes. A couple receivers had a drop. Oline was off on a couple plays.
Pretty much what you would expect the first game back without a preseason.
No one was pleased with the execution.
It'll get fixed. Just need to play well enough to beat Vegas next week.

Need a bigger sample size.

And only then...

I’m nowhere near being an expert or informed on this, but for me IF, (If, if, if) it becomes apparent Brees is struggling consistently on medium to deep throws and it’s taking away too much from our game... then honestly I wouldn’t hate him splitting 1st team duties with Taysom (in a formulaic designed way rather than just being wheeled in for the big plays).

But he means so much to the team, and is still better than most other QBs playing now, so it’s a good problem to have. We have options.

So I’m not that worried. It’s just sensible to have a contingency plan, that we can action quickly if we need to.

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: dtc
Yea I didn’t see that today. Sorry. I saw poise. I was shocked at the stat lines for Brees too but this isn’t about any of that. We worked hard for this win. We dominated them in a lot of the categories. Brees was excellent today. It’s not going to be a stay, it’s how he ran this game. Absolute confidence from this offence. This is what means the most.

I will say this. They had two players on MT and AK several times. The Bucs defense is good. They did a good job to limit Brees. Also, first game after no preseason for both teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom