Brees 'willing to consider' restructuring (2 Viewers)

I did and that's great I was wrong about the bonus but did you see in the same link where his guaranteed money was increased?

Yes. The benefit to the player is more money up front and more guaranteed money in exchange for cap flexibility for the club. It's just moving money around.

I don't like all the media acting like Brady just took one for the team, when he didn't. He's getting paid more guaranteed money and more money up front and they act like he just donated a kidney. I wasn't trying to argue, just wanted people to understand. That's all.

We will probably do something similar with Brees in the next year.

I just hope it doesn't create a situation that makes it difficult to meet the cap in the future. It would have to include an extension, I believe, to prevent that from happening.

Yes. The benefit to the player is more money up front and more guaranteed money in exchange for cap flexibility for the club. Like I said, it's just moving money around.

I don't like all the media acting like Brady just took one for the team, when he didn't. He's getting paid more guaranteed money and more money up front and they act like he just donated a kidney. I wasn't trying to argue, just wanted people to understand. That's all.

We will probably do something similar with Brees in the next year.

No I agree and I think most people are realizing that restructures are beneficial to the players not and it's not a big deal if they do it. It is just exciting I guess because it helps the team out.

I can definitely within the next 2-3 years seeing Goodell outlawing the restructuring of contracts.

No I agree and I think most people are realizing that restructures are beneficial to the players not and it's not a big deal if they do it. It is just exciting I guess because it helps the team out.

I can definitely within the next 2-3 years seeing Goodell outlawing the restructuring of contracts.

Absolutely, we definitely need the cap space. There are good players out there who could help our defense, if we had the cap room.

Drew Brees Open to Restructuring

Drew Brees open to restructuring contract with Saints - NFL.com

"I am always willing to consider anything that will help the team or the cap situation," Brees said in a text to the radio station.

Interesting article for a lingering question. I wont pretend to know much about how restructures and pay cuts actually work out long term. Although it does seem the Saints are having a NOW mentality rather than a LATER mentality. Of course a Superbowl ring next year would wash away any financial concerns that may occur 3-4 years down the line.

Can keep restructuring, but one day it will bite us in the ***.

Can keep restructuring, but one day it will bite us in the ***.

Agreed, but if we could somehow look into the future and know 100% that through all this wed win the Superbowl next year...I cant say id be against it.

Diplo-talk. We all know he's a good spokesperson. Plus restructuring probably wont do anything for us until his salary jumps to 25m+ ... It's just him saying things to make him look like a team player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom