BreesHOF2024 1st Annual Mock Draft 1.0 Mid-Combine Edition (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Mornin' Amigos,

I just washed the Cheeto crumbs off my fingers long enough to gain the motivation to divert my gaze from Combine analysis to Saintsreport. Now I'm going to get my thoughts down on paper (sort of). The best way to do this is through my first mock draft. Yall ready? Here we go.

First up, we all know that the Saints NEVER trade down, but we will ALWAYS trade up to get our guy. That's what happens this year. So in round 1, the Saints trade up with the New York Jets at No. 6 overall to take.... drumroll......

Pick 6, Round 1 : MALIK HOOKER Free Safety - Ohio State

I know I know. Where is the pass rusher? Well hear me out. This 2017 class is deep in two areas. Pass rusher and corner. Those are two very important positions that are incredibly hard to find. One position that I feel is even harder is a legit rangy ballhawk at free safety. A blue-chip free safety can improve every facet of your defense from improving your corners to the pass rush, as well as making game changing plays like the distant fading memory of the 2009 pick six (the pick we're also using on him :scratch:) that has alluded us for years and years. It's time to get back to a quick strike defense to comlement our quick strike offense. This pick was aquired by sending Brandin Cooks to the Jets straight up, swapping #11 overall for #6 overall.

Pick 43, Round 2 : Takkarist McKinnley DE

As many of you know, this will take a bit of luck on draft day, but the Saints are known to have some players fall into their lap on draft day, specifically on day two. Takk is a player with tremendous upside who will end up being the steal of the draft, and would not be here at all if not for injury concerns and with his shoulder, requiring surgery. If he ends up being here, this is a no brainer. Run up to the podium. If he's not, Charles Harris or Carl Lawson would be great consolation prizes.

Round 3: Alvin Kamara RB

Round 4: Chidobe Awuzie CB

Round 6: Jake Butt TE

Round 7 : Collin Bevins DE

Look at this guys tape. Straight up beast.

Thoughts?

This actually isn't a bad idea. The Jets need receiver help after cutting Brandon Marshall and picking up the 6th pick from 11 is pretty good value. It'd take a 1st rounder to get there from 11. Hooker will be a beast in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom