Brian Baldinger is picking the Jets (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Just saw it on Around the League. He says that the Jets will continue to roll against the Saints. Guess we still aint getting the respect.

They are 3-0 and we have some injury issues. It's not a crazy pick.

I think it's a reasonable pick. I do think they'll be discounting the fact that the Jets will be the road team in an AFC-NFC match up and that will set them up to lack an edge if/when they fall behind early.

Sorry. The Jets have no chance here. This is a special year. The Saints have shown that they can win anyway they have to.

Thats his opinion. He has a point, but...Nah! We're gonna crash the Jets world on Sunday.

Just saw it on Around the League. He says that the Jets will continue to roll against the Saints. Guess we still aint getting the respect.

Really, David?

I wonder sometimes what people need to be satisfied. Does every single poll, every single writer, have to say that we are the best team in the NFL, and that we have the best quarterback in NFL history, as well as the best offense in NFL history?

Then would we complain because our defense doesn't get any respect?

We are getting TONS of respect. Maybe more than is warranted. Almost every single power ranking has us in the top 5. Do you honestly think we are better than the Ravens or the Giants? I could argue it either way, so it's not at all unreasonable to expect some folks to think we aren't the best team in the NFL.

And many think the Jets are in the top 5 as well. So it's completely reasonable for some folks to think that we would lose. It's not about respect at all...it's about reasonable expectations.

Really, David?

I wonder sometimes what people need to be satisfied. Does every single poll, every single writer, have to say that we are the best team in the NFL, and that we have the best quarterback in NFL history, as well as the best offense in NFL history?

We are getting TONS of respect. Maybe more than is warranted. Almost every single power ranking has us in the top 5. Do you honestly think we are better than the Ravens or the Giants? I could argue it either way, so it's not at all unreasonable to expect some folks to think we aren't the best team in the NFL.

And many think the Jets are in the top 5 as well. So it's completely reasonable for some folks to think that we would lose. It's not about respect at all...it's about reasonable expectations.

I found this post not helpful.

I need my media respeck. :mad:

The Saints have a 3 year history of stuggeling against physical defenses. That can't be denied. I've tired of the weekly media circus. I don't really care who says what, or who things want. I just want to watch the team play on Sunday and see what happens.

Eh! It's not that out of touch to pick the Jets. This game could go either way even though we know the saints will win.

Yea, but Baldy's got that broken pinky finger that kinda waggles like it's going to fall off when he talks with his hands, so I take what he says with a grain of salt.

Really, David?

Great post.

"Baldinger"

I mean really... How can you take someone seriously when they have a name that sounds like something that happens when you hop on a bike the wrong way?

The man's entitled to his opinion. I understand that everyone's not in love with the Saints. I have to admit though, we are collectively getting a lot of love from the national media as a whole!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom