Brian Baldinger on Pierre Thomas/McFadden (1 Viewer)

I've actually been saying that I think Felix Jones will be a better pro than McFadden for months, so I have to agree with Baldy there.

Nice words for Pierre Thomas... Kinda took a job at Reggie though.

Time will only tell. But nice read.....and if Thomas can play consistantly the way he did vs the bears....I would tend to agree with Baldinger.

You know, I was truly impressed with Pierre Thomas after that Bears game... Regardless of whether you want to say that the Bears defense wasn't what it used to be or whatever, the kid really did show some "real" ability. The vision, the decisiveness, the power, the quickness... those are things you can't teach. The kid is a gamer.

What a great acknowledgement from an expert, about what we Saints fans have been saying for some time now....that Pierre Thomas has the tools to be an elite RB in the NFL!

I cannot say how will this end up, but it is flattering to compare PT to McFadden....

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=335333
Wow! Talk about an interesting read! Sure, consider the source, but still kinda neat.

I agree with Baldy on both counts. I'm not that high on DMac. He runs more like a larger version of Reggie and Reuben Mayes. He seems to need a lot of daylight to get foing. Pierre runs more like a slightly smaller version of Emmit Smith, following his blocking, breaking arm tackles, finishing his runs well.

Pro RB's need to have the ability to run and pick up a few yards in traffic, because that's mostly what they get. Pierre has a good knack for it.

Last edited:
I saw McD a few times the past two year and I didn't notice his lack of hitting the hole until the Cotton Bowl. He was running up everyone's back when the hole was right next to him. I still think he'll be a good back in the NFL and I hope he gets the coaching he really needs.

We have a diamond in the rough in Pierre Thomas. I'm not ready to trade Reggie Bush by any means but get him in space and on return teams.

Pierre runs more like a slightly smaller version of Emmit Smith, following his blocking, breaking arm tackles, finishing his runs well..

That's an excellent comparison IMO... I've never thought about it before, but now that you mentioned it, PT does run very similar to Emmit Smith.

Emmitt Smith 5'10" 226lbs.

Pierre Thomas 5'11" 210lbs

I didn't realize Emmitt was that big.

Last edited:
We have a diamond in the rough in Pierre Thomas. I'm not ready to trade Reggie Bush by any means but get him in space and on return teams.

He needs to play offense, not returns. We need someone with elite speed returning kicks next year.

I wish PT was a bit heavier though, to fulfill teh thunder part of teh Thunder pack-at 210, hes still sorta lightining-and thats Bush's role.

We need someone with elite speed returning kicks next year.

Agreed. Let's use Reggie just as he was used at USC -- let him return punts and kicks, and use him often in the offense to complement Deuce/Stecker/PT or some other between-the-tackles type RB. Do this, and we'll be tough to stop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom