Brian Billick is clueless. (1 Viewer)

It's where his teams have placed in points next to their opponents in all of their postseason matchups, excluding one last second 50 yard field goal kick. Its how many Julio Jones' he would need to have a truly great regular season before being shut out in the playoffs. Its how many balls all the other men in his family have.

If Ryan is the 2nd best QB in the game then methinks Billick's bro-in-law (Mike Smith) must be a real dumb ***.

OTOH, I think most of us would agree Matt Ryan has a lot in common with the number 2:
-It's his jersey #
-It's what is occasionally in his pants on gameday
-It's also how many points he once scored in a playoff game
All in all, it is hard to argue with from that perspective.

Just a small example... and this is against whom many think is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME.
TD's - Brees:452 Montana:273
QBR - Brees:96.3 Montana:92.3
Yds - Brees:63,895 Montana:40,551

well, when you throw in super bowls.....

Just a small example... and this is against whom many think is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME.
TD's - Brees:452 Montana:273
QBR - Brees:96.3 Montana:92.3
Yds - Brees:63,895 Montana:40,551

I'm not saying Drew isn't among the best to ever play the position, but be careful comparing eras. 2016 is much different than 1986 even.

We've seen rule changes galore to aid the passing game, advancement in player training, full time studying, on-demand video breakdown, etc.

Montana is barely above Andy Dalton and Matt Schaub on the passer rating list. Montana ranks 12th, those guys are 14 and 15 (with Chad Pennington in between). Matt Ryan is right above Montana at 11. I don't think any of us would say those 3-4 guys are as good as Montana, just because their stats say so.

Or, look at it another way. Brees ranks 5th among active QBs for passer rating. But Montana's contemporaries are nowhere to be seen. Steve Young is up there, but Young's career didn't really get steamrolling until 1992, so it's similar but still not equivalent to the era. Marino is 23rd all-time. Or, to put that another way, only 0.4 points better than...Trent Green, or just 0.6 above David Garrard.

Drew is elite. Among the best now, and best ever. But I'm just cautioning against comparing eras -- or for that matter, situations -- directly.

I don't. If I did I'd tell ya Trent Dilfer was better than Dan Marino, and then I'd sound like Brian Billick.
Mike Ditka won a Super Bowl.
But I think it was in spite of him, not because of him.
Terrible coach.

I'm not saying Drew isn't among the best to ever play the position, but be careful comparing eras. 2016 is much different than 1986 even.

We've seen rule changes galore to aid the passing game, advancement in player training, full time studying, on-demand video breakdown, etc.

Montana is barely above Andy Dalton and Matt Schaub on the passer rating list. Montana ranks 12th, those guys are 14 and 15 (with Chad Pennington in between). Matt Ryan is right above Montana at 11. I don't think any of us would say those 3-4 guys are as good as Montana, just because their stats say so.

Or, look at it another way. Brees ranks 5th among active QBs for passer rating. But Montana's contemporaries are nowhere to be seen. Steve Young is up there, but Young's career didn't really get steamrolling until 1992, so it's similar but still not equivalent to the era. Marino is 23rd all-time. Or, to put that another way, only 0.4 points better than...Trent Green, or just 0.6 above David Garrard.

Drew is elite. Among the best now, and best ever. But I'm just cautioning against comparing eras directly.
Don't forget it was also a non-capped era. This is why teams like the 9nerds and Cowgirls haven't won anything in over 20 years. Can't just suck up all the talent in the league, anymore. It helps when your owner can build a team that no one can compete with. Cap it, and now look at them... WEAK!

Many believe that the system Payton brought made Brees, not the other way around. If they were sitting at 8-1, 7-2, which they very easily could be, he would be on top of the list. I don't care what others say, I know what we have, I'll just enjoy watching him light up the league.

It must be some inside joke among the media to snub Brees in these conversations. That or its a strategy to always leave him out because it will get people talking. If it is the simple fact that the team isn't winning, THE TEAM, isn't winning, then that is an ignorant and idiotic way to evaluate things.

Billick is notorious for not doing his homework, I've noticed it 4-5 years.

Mike Ditka won a Super Bowl.
But I think it was in spite of him, not because of him.
Terrible coach.

Ditka's only positive attributes were, he had a great eye for linemen, and was a great motivator. (until he lost his own motivation).

Just a few weeks ago Brian B said that Romo would not lose his job due to injury.

He certainly looks like a fool now. I've never been a fan of his NFL analysis & opinions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom