Brian Billick's annual "Toxic Differential" study (Saints currently ranked #3) (1 Viewer)

3 chip-shot FGs not being blocked and run back from being 8-3... Now against the Panthers and Giants, it happened early enough that we should have overcome it. So 6-5 if the refs didn't play the "inconclusive evidence" card.

Last drive of the Raiders game was a farce. It was obvious from that point that NFL had plans for them to be the big story in the AFC West and media darlings this year. But the San Diego game should have been a loss. Almost as miraculous as the Raiders game was bogus... so those 2 cancel out.

Ingram flat out cost us the Kansas City game... He's doing better, but I'm still mad at him for that.

Blocked kick aside. The way the refs called the Giants game, there was no way we were going home with a win in that one. Another case of the NFL starting the season and showing their hand in what the big story lines were gonna be. I mean... our offense couldn't move the ball? Couldn't score? Pretty unbelievable if you ask me.

Even given that sometimes the ball bounces this way, sometimes it bounces that way. We should be 6-5 or 7-4. Either of those records would have us sitting in pretty good position and either of those more accurately describes this year's team.

But what can you do, but try and run the table. Or at least get back to .500 this week, sweep Tampa and beat Atlanta. Arizona game is the only one we can afford to lose and still have any kind of chance.

I'm hoping my enthusiasm for attending this week's game isn't just a lull in between bouts of depression about the team. I've bolded the heart of the matter behind our record this season...which speaks to what I've said this year and last when it comes to the league manipulating the outcome of games via the terrible refs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom