Brian De La Puente will someone give us a 2nd rounder for him? (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/free-agent-centers/

He is by far the highest ranked Center , I hope we gave him the 2nd round tender, but after looking at his ranking, I am afraid someone may give us a 2nd. It hasn't been talked about, Ivory has been mentioned, but De La Puente is the best ranked RFA we have, but he is just a Center.

saintlyn8

cool brees
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely can't let him get away... Bushrod is another thing entirely, i would like to keep him as well, but i don't think we are going to pay what he's asking. We'll see.

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't think centers are seen as high value players in terms of trades or picks. You could probably get the best center in this years draft Travis Frederick in the 3rd round.

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The Bears have an awful O-line and our old coach. They seem to be the most likely suitor. We drafted the best center in 2010 (?) and now he on another team. I can't think of his name, he was from BC, I think.

Flipx99

Thanks MJ!
Reaction score
Can anyone recall a team paying another the tender randsom? I can't, and it is to the point that I think there may be some sort of gentlemen's agreement to leave tendered players alone.

Brees Lee

BOUNTY HUNTER
Reaction score
The Bears have an awful O-line and our old coach. They seem to be the most likely suitor. We drafted the best center in 2010 (?) and now he on another team. I can't think of his name, he was from BC, I think.
Matt Tennant was projected as a 2nd round pick, we picked him in the 5th. He was rated as a 2nd best C in the draft behind Pouncey. He was released, claimed by the Pats, released again, then signed with Eagles. H

NYCsaint

Reaction score
Can anyone recall a team paying another the tender randsom? I can't, and it is to the point that I think there may be some sort of gentlemen's agreement to leave tendered players alone.
There certainly was at somepoint. It's been a few years of RfAs not wven getting workouts yet alone offers or stolen

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
I don't think centers are seen as high value players in terms of trades or picks. You could probably get the best center in this years draft Travis Frederick in the 3rd round.
While I certainly don't want to downplay DLP's performance, he does play between two pretty damn good Guards. His job is a lot easier than many NFL pivots and this almost certainly benefits his performance. It would not be the end of the world if the Saints received a 2nd round pick for him given this team's penchant for filling these kinds of holes with UDFA.

That's just good value. Same for Chris Ivory and he's my favorite RB on the roster.

Blue

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
While I certainly don't want to downplay DLP's performance, he does play between two pretty damn good Guards. His job is a lot easier than many NFL pivots and this almost certainly benefits his performance. It would not be the end of the world if the Saints received a 2nd round pick for him given this team's penchant for filling these kinds of holes with UDFA.

That's just good value. Same for Chris Ivory and he's my favorite RB on the roster.
I worry about losing DLP. I agree he's got a lot of help on either side but Kruetz couldn't do the job with all that help and we need to keep Drew upright or it won't matter how much we improve on defense.

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
DLP is a beast and it would suck to lose two pieces on our o-line. Continuity is important for an o-line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom