Brian De La Puente will someone give us a 2nd rounder for him? (1 Viewer)

I don't want to lose him , but after seeing just how high profootball focus had him rated, I began to worry that some team could justify taking him from us.

Someone can't just take him from us.

I hope he stays exactly where he's at, and thats snapping to Drew. The 2nd round tender "hopefully" keeps him here, but who knows. On a side note, guys like Brian are the reason why I dont think we'll be addressing O-line in the first, no matter who's there at 15. We seem to have an unnatural knack of finding pro bowl level talent in the late rounds and street FAs. De La Puente is yet another example of this.

I'm not so sure about the Beast thing.

He played between Jahri and Nicks and Jahri and Grubbs.

If someone can look up his pff grades i don't think hes done that well in the run game.

Could be wrong but i think hes a better in passprotection

Dlp is replaceable. Olsen could probably slide in now with no differrence. and we save 1.5 Mill and maybe get a compensatory pick if he gets a contract elsewhere...

Tender him at the lowest level....

The tackle needs to be groomed longer and losing bushrod would hurt at least this yera...

I'm not so sure about the Beast thing.

He played between Jahri and Nicks and Jahri and Grubbs.

If someone can look up his pff grades i don't think hes done that well in the run game.

Could be wrong but i think hes a better in passprotection
6. New Orleans Saints (1)

PB – 8th, RB – 7th, PEN – 4th
Stud: He may be the least well known player on the line, but it’s about time people started to recognize how much of a find Brian De La Puente (+23.0) has been for the Saints.
Dud: While he got better as the year went on, 58 combined sacks, hits and hurries are far too many from Jermon Bushrod (+1.5). Some good work in the run game ensured he ended with a positive grade, but you need your left tackle to pass block better.
Summary: The often unheralded part of the Saints’ success, the line didn’t get as good play from their tackles as they might have expected, but they got by without Carl Nicks just fine. That owed a lot to Ben Grubbs stepping up. A fine line that looks set for years to come.

DLP is a beast and it would suck to lose two pieces on our o-line. Continuity is important for an o-line.

And with all the problems we had at RT last year, that could make three! :covri:

Drew is great, and has done alot to help his O line, but he aint gettin no younger. We cant afford to keep changing up the O line, and expect Drew to continue to make the play! No tellin what keepin Goody woulda done for us had we kept him in 2011, instead of signin Olin, then having to go to DLP later in the season. Last year, we lost Nicks, but signed Grubbs. BG started off slowly, but, IMO did better as the season went on.

Of course, because of that "stuff", 2011 and 2012 were clearly different. But along the O line, things were a bit of the same: we lost an important player, and without him, CONTINUITY early on, and it took time to get it back.

We simply CANNOT afford that again this year! :rant:

Re sign Bushrod, re sign DLP. Let the RTs all fight it out, and may the best man win. But we MUST keep the CORE - G,C,G - along with the all important LT, together.

That way, draftwise, we'll only be looking for depth along the O line. Aware of our needs on D, I still like drafting an OT and/or a C/G in the 5th/6th rds.

Free agency: Keep your young ones and let the old ones walk....#TRUTH
Fa sho'. I think it was Bill Walsh who used to say it's better to cut them a year too early rather than a year too late.

Dlp is replaceable. Olsen could probably slide in now with no differrence. and we save 1.5 Mill and maybe get a compensatory pick if he gets a contract elsewhere...

Tender him at the lowest level....

The tackle needs to be groomed longer and losing bushrod would hurt at least this yera...

Why could Olsen slide in with no difference? We have seen nothing to indicate this, so it is a pure assumption. We need to keep DLP at a reasonable price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom