Brian Roberts (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I havent gotten to watch many games this year but Im in Slidell tonight and Roberts has been impressive so far with 15 assists and 9 points so far in the 3rd quarter

I havent gotten to watch many games this year but Im in Slidell tonight and Roberts has been impressive so far with 15 assists and 9 points so far in the 3rd quarter

He played well last night and I think this game was won with passing. We had so much more rotation and finding the open man tonight than usual. A lot of drives to the basket were dished off to the open man instead of getting stripped out and stolen trying to be a hero. It was a fun game to watch.

He played well last night and I think this game was won with passing. We had so much more rotation and finding the open man tonight than usual. A lot of drives to the basket were dished off to the open man instead of getting stripped out and stolen trying to be a hero. It was a fun game to watch.

:plus-un2:

Seriously, this game was one of most fun to watch this season IMO. Roberts has done well for his two starts. He drove me crazy when he played 2nd string PG but I'm glad to see him improving. He's distributing the ball well and made some excellent passes while minimizing TOs.

Well at this rate G.V. is trade bait. I wonder if Vesquez know the story of Wally Pipp?

He was great in Summer League and the first few weeks of the season and then he hit a big slump. He's picked it back up the last few weeks.

Happy for Roberts. He seems to have really improved over the course of the season, from when he was just agonizing to watch. I'm wondering if this just shows how much more effective Monty's PnR scheme could be with someone other than Vasquez. Whether it be a pass-first Roberts or a draftee like Marcus Smart or Trey Burke.

If anything it's helping Roberts trade value. People love to hate on Vasquez, but they will be shocked when he's here next season and resigned for the future.

Not with those stats vs Clippers. Either this is the second coming of Devin Brown or the head coach of the Hornets is making him look like a complete ###.

Not with those stats vs Clippers. Either this is the second coming of Devin Brown or the head coach of the Hornets is making him look like a complete ###.

okey dokey.

Just stick around and watch this off season. I'm telling you it's right from Dell and Montys mouths, Vasquez is the leader of this team and one of it's core players. I'm not saying that they wont add a PG to improve the level of play, but Vasquez is in the future plans of this team. The beauty of it is, you don't have to believe it for it to be true. One day Vasquez will be gone from New Orleans, like most players in small markets and I'm sure on that day all the haters will jump up and say "Ha, I told you" but you're kidding yourself if you think it will be in the next two or three years.

okey dokey.

Just stick around and watch this off season. I'm telling you it's right from Dell and Montys mouths, Vasquez is the leader of this team and one of it's core players. I'm not saying that they wont add a PG to improve the level of play, but Vasquez is in the future plans of this team. The beauty of it is, you don't have to believe it for it to be true. One day Vasquez will be gone from New Orleans, like most players in small markets and I'm sure on that day all the haters will jump up and say "Ha, I told you" but you're kidding yourself if you think it will be in the next two or three years.

Thanks for the laugh.:smilielol: Plenty more lottery picks to come if he is our leader. By your philosophy I'm guessing Davis and Rivers will be getting kicked to the curb for GV?

Being realistic right now, GV deserves to be bench player. Roberts has done better than GV. Demps has also said that they will seek upgrade at PG. Let us hope so.

Per Jimmy Smith, Vasquez taking another night off. Roberts starting! We have a chance to win tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom