Brian Witherspoon anyone seen him play? (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey this could be our guy, I know we like the small school kid, 4.2 speed and a frame that could use some muscle but 5.10 is ok size, anyone see this guy play or know him?
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...therspoon.html

Stillman's Witherspoon earns All-America honors

TUSCALOOSA | Stillman College defensive back Brian Witherspoon was named a first-team All-American by D2football.com, the publication announced Wednesday.

Witherspoon, a senior from Butler, had three interceptions and 14 tackles for the Tigers in 2006, despite missing six games because of injury.

“It feels great getting this type of recognition, considering I missed the majority of the season because I was hurt," Witherspoon said. “It just lets me know that all of the hard work has been paying off and this will definitely motivate me to work even harder this season."

Witherspoon, perhaps better known on a national scale from his track and field accomplishments, became Stillman’s first NCAA Division II All-American in 2006 when he ran a 10.31 in the 100 meters at the national championships. Now he is the school’s first two-sport All-American, although his coach feels the best is yet come.

“We’re certainly not surprised that he’s been recognized on a national level yet again," coach Greg Thompson said. “There’s no question that he’s deserving of such an achievement because Brian is a tremendous athlete.

“[Denatay] Heard and Witherspoon both have been getting a lot of attention from the pro scouts since the beginning of last season. So we expect them to have a big year for us as they continue to progress."

Witherspoon was also named second-team preseason All-Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference by the league’s Coaches Association last month.

Witherspoon's career stats:

Games played: 22

Interceptions: 6

Tackles: 42

Pass deflections: 15

Forced fumbles: 3

Touchdowns: 1

Kick returns: 28

Return yards: 772

Return TDs: 3
<!-- / message -->

...14 tackles?

I suppose that's a good thing because that usually means they don't want to throw to his side of the field.

..or he can't tackle.

only played in 20 games 6 ints, I doubt they threw it his way much, but we need a cb and a kr

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom