Bridgewater a conundrum for Saints fans (2 Viewers)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
On one hand he's 4-0 as a starter (although we could easily say 4-1 with the Rams loss) and his statistics actually look pretty good:

69.4% completion rate
6.9 yards per attempt
7 TDs
2 Ints
98.4 QB Rating

But then the eye test screams missed opportunities and points being left off the scoreboard.

On one hand he's 4-0 as a starter (although we could easily say 4-1 with the Rams loss) and his statistics actually look pretty good:

69.4% completion rate
6.9 yards per attempt
7 TDs
2 Ints
98.4 QB Rating

But then the eye test screams missed opportunities and points being left off the scoreboard.
It’s a rollercoaster of emotions to say the least.

Not sure what the conundrum is. He’s doing what he’s supposed to do as Drew’s backup and playing mostly mistake free football. But let’s not get carried away. When Drew heals up, he’s back under center. With a healthy Drew today, we win in a blowout.

You don't want to be the guy who replaces a HOFer. You can never live up to those expectations. I think those who are overly down and overly optimistic about Teddy are both wrong. He's a serviceable back up QB. He and we, are very fortunate to have a strong team around him.

Not sure what the conundrum is. He’s doing what he’s supposed to do as Drew’s backup and playing mostly mistake free football. But let’s not get carried away. When Drew heals up, he’s back under center. With a healthy Drew today, we win in a blowout.

yeah, I think the conundrum is that many of us are enjoying this year while simultaneously trying to figure out what life after Drew will look like.

I’m really happy with winning these games. But I’ve changed my mind on the future. Unless Teddy lights it up these next two games and hits a lot of these throws he missed today, I’m not ready to pay big money to make him the team’s starter after Drew anymore.

Last edited:

I wouldn't say mistake free. He's taken some really bad sacks that were most definitely mistakes. He's also missed a lot of open WR's seemingly throwing to no which are also mistakes because they are drive killers.

What you mean is he hasn't lost us a game yet which is all you can ask of your back up. He's done well enough to let the defense win us these games. I appreciate what he's done in that aspect.

I think most fans are just a little more upset because they were hoping he was Brees replacement. As of now he's not.

yeah, I think the conundrum is that many of us are enjoying this year while simultaneously trying to figure out what like after Drew will look like.

I’m really happy with winning these games. But I’ve changed my mind on the future. Unless Teddy lights it up these next two games and hits a lot of these throws he missed today, I’m not ready to pay big money to make him the team’s starter after Drew anymore.

Exactly! I just don’t see the future of the Franchise in Teddy.

We’ve continued to win in spite of Bridgewater. While he’s avoided the big mistake he’s consistently high on balls, takes too many sacks, holds the ball too long. Defense has been playing very good football and we’ve had just enough offense to win. I don’t think there’s any doubt that Teddy isn’t going to be replacing Drew. Our next QB isn’t on this roster, I doubt he’s in the NFL right now.

A friend at the bar I watch games is a Titans fan. I really thought he was going to drop dead of a heart attack/stroke/aneurysm at several points during Titans/Broncos today.

At least we don't have Marcus Marriotta as the back up Q.B.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom