Bridgewater expected to return to Saints, per Schefter [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

What do you see as a better option currently?

I see resigning Ingram, Okafor, possibly adding another pass rusher and signing a safety as bigger needs than spending 6 million a year on a backup QB who is at best average and will not have an impact on the season if our primary can't play.

Good news, hopefully he can get some playing time with the first team offense during the preseason. I'm really interested to see how much he has progressed under Payton and Brees.

I see resigning Ingram, Okafor, possibly adding another pass rusher and signing a safety as bigger needs than spending 6 million a year on a backup QB who is at best average and will not have an impact on the season if our primary can't play.
I agree re-signing Ingram is a bigger need, it's our biggest need IMO, but a QB the caliber of Bridgewater is a bargain for 6million.

The last time he was truly healthy, he took his team to the playoffs made the Pro Bowl , and that was not in a Sean Payton offense, either.

Keeping him for $6MM a year is not a bad deal.

He's also tradeable.

Looking back at your original bet isn't the best thing in poker, but this also makes giving up a third a little more palatable -- we still have Drew's replacement candidate firmly in hand.

It may not be perfect, but it is sane.

im prob in the minority but i think he is NOT the answer after Brees. even his probowl year was average at best. if Brees gets hurt it doesnt matter who the backup is, the season is over. deal with it after he retires. or draft someone with better upside than Bridge. if no one is willing to give him a big contract and they are giving them to other mediocre QB's, what does that tell you?

I agree re-signing Ingram is a bigger need, it's our biggest need IMO, but a QB the caliber of Bridgewater is a bargain for 6million.

Ok so two points on that. First, what caliber is that? Because all I can go on is what I've seen and although limited, the only time he's been under center for us he has severely underwhelmed. Also just because it's a bargain doesn't mean we should sign him especially with other needs. It may be a bargain for teams looking for a starting QB, but for a backup who we all want to never see the field? I disagree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom