Bridgewater expected to return to Saints, per Schefter [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

I accidentally responded to the wrong person, I apologize. But teddy was not even on the team when he said that.

They made sure to mention how long they spent talking to Sean Payton about Hill. They added, “We’ve had two production meetings with Sean Payton … and he has spent more time talking about Taysom Hill than any other player on the roster.”

When asked about the future at quarterback for the Saints, Payton said, “He’s in the building.” If some Saints fans were not watching and you told them Payton said that, they would probably believe he was talking about Chase Daniel, but after seeing Payton’s heart gush over Hill, I’m more than sure he was referring to Hill.

Things change. Trust what decision-makers do, not what they say.

And when their actions follow their words, as they did with Teddy, trust it twice as much.

Things change. Trust what decision-makers do, not what they say.

And when their actions follow their words, as they did with Teddy, trust it twice as much.

I think the point is that things do change, even when CSP says it.

Those 2 things are not related except when it comes to salary but if you're asking in regards to that then 100% yes. I would rather spend $6 million on our back-up QB whom CSP sees as his future starter than spend $6 million on our back-up RB who was once our starter.
we don't have back up or starting running backs. that's the whole point of RBBC. it's about match ups.

You honestly should just add it to your signature lol it's a good post.

I don't know why people even bring the pro bowler thing about any player, knowing it is a popularity contest, but my god! If there ever was an argument against "he's a pro bowler", 2015 TB is it.

Last edited:
You guys see this as a clue to Drew's time left? I would think if next year was his last, he would say sk before the season

I think the more recent quote about SP saying "I have my guy, his name is Teddy Bridgewater" is probably the most telling quote. That with resigning Bridgewater seems to indicate that he is the guy. Do we really know that anyone coming out in this year's draft or the 2020 draft is a better option then TB with 2 years in the system learning from SP and DB? I'm going to trust SP on this.

He's his guy for what? Resigning Bridgewater for the average salary of an NFL backup doesn't mean he's the guy.

People are putting too much stock on that 3rd pick the Saints used to get Bridgewater here. The reality is, if Payton was that much interested in Bridgewater, he could've gotten him as a FA, on the same 1 year deal the Jets gave him, and kept the pick. Instead, he went into the 2018 preseason, saw Savage wasn't cutting it, and had already drawn plays for Taysom, so he went for the available backup QB and had to use a pick.

And who knows what happens in 2 years... but Bridgewater wouldn't be the first 3rd pick Payton used on a QB who never panned out.

And if he pans out, great.

He's his guy for what? Resigning Bridgewater for the average salary of an NFL backup doesn't mean he's the guy.

People are putting too much stock on that 3rd pick the Saints used to get Bridgewater here. The reality is, if Payton was that much interested in Bridgewater, he could've gotten him as a FA, on the same 1 year deal the Jets gave him, and kept the pick. Instead, he went into the 2018 preseason, saw Savage wasn't cutting it, and had already drawn plays for Taysom, so he went for the available backup QB and had to use a pick.

And who knows what happens in 2 years... but Bridgewater wouldn't be the first 3rd pick Payton used on a QB who never panned out.

And if he pans out, great.

Does it mean he's not the guy? Do we know for a fact that one of the QBs coming out in 2019 or 2020 will be better than Bridgewater learning the system for 2+ years?

Does it mean he's not the guy? Do we know for a fact that one of the QBs coming out in 2019 or 2020 will be better than Bridgewater learning the system for 2+ years?

The only thing we know for fact is that the Saints have 2 QBs on the roster, and if Payton wants to continue using Hill the way he did in 2018, the Saints are going to need another backup QB.

I think that when the time comes, CSP will field the best possible QB for this team. If that's TB, he will start. If Hill, he will start. If, at that time CSP doesn't think either one can keep this team competitive, he will go get one. He might try to get one anyway.

For now TB appears to be the guy, and I think he has more potential to be the right fit for this team than anyone on the horizon right now. But 1 or 2 years is a very long time, so we'll see what happens when Drew retires.

I think that when the time comes, CSP will field the best possible QB for this team. If that's TB, he will start. If Hill, he will start. If, at that time CSP doesn't think either one can keep this team competitive, he will go get one. He might try to get one anyway.

For now TB appears to be the guy, and I think he has more potential to be the right fit for this team than anyone on the horizon right now. But 1 or 2 years is a very long time, so we'll see what happens when Drew retires.

That's my point. Right now everything points to TB being the guy. And that is the best scenario we could hope for.

Last edited:
Meh.
I'm personnally in the don't like it crowd. Biggest reason being pretty simple really - Teddy Bridgewater is not very good at football. Period. Never has been IMO. You know how everyone always like to do comparisons? Well, the best comparison I can come up with for Bridgewater is Chad Pennington. Pop gun arm - Bridgewater may even have a weaker arm than Pennington, which is saying ALOT!
If he is to be our future after Drew, then the future doesn't look very bright.
Just my opinion, nothing against the guy - I just don't think he's a starting NFL QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom