Bridgewater expected to return to Saints, per Schefter [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

This speaks VOLUMES about the Saints' organization and locker room.

I believe we make a deep playoff run in 2019/20, because this team will be on a serious mission. They will take no prisoners, IMO.

:gosaints:
It speaks volumes about Teddy Bridgewater as well. It 's always a good look for a team when a player stays instead of looking for "greener turf."

What about it? He has significantly more talent than Keenum. At this point, all Keenum has on him is more experience. Keenum is 31 years old. He has played in the NFL since 2012 and has had one year fluke year where he was good. His career completion percentage is 62%.

On the other hand, Bridgewater is 26. He has only played for two seasons and has a career completion percentage of 64.6% and that is based on his rookie year and first year. I'll take the 26 year-old with more talent, who is smarter, and has a better completion percentage any day over the 31 year old career journeyman QB. And that ignores the fact that if he knee is okay, Bridgewater can also run, scramble to buy more time, and is already a team leader and well respected locker room presence.

Will Bridgewater be great one day? I really don't know. But I do know he has all the mental and physical tools to be great and he is only 26. Keenum has none of that.
When Bridgewater went to the saints last year it was his third team in 3 years. That is the definition of career journeyman....

Is it not worth reviewing the actual cost of back up QBs in this year's free agency before declaring the re-signing of Bridgewater as a bad idea for the coming year?

So those against giving Bridgewater 6m for 1 season, exactly what is your idea for backup QB?

I see a lot of people saying, "If Drew is injured season over" that's not how the NFL works and quite frankly that's moronic. What if Drew is out only 5 weeks. Do we still punt the season because he misses some time but would be ready for the playoffs?

No matter what we will need a QB to back up Drew that can hold things together if he gets dinged up and needs a few weeks. So if you're against Bridgewater at 6m to do this job plus the potential of being a long term option, who do you want and how much would it cost?

Nice...our locker room dance crew stays intact.

Also worth noting that Michael Thomas has been for this all along. I'd think between he and coach, we should feel good that he has that type of sentiment amongst those close to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom